The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Luongo on Team Canada says Stellick

Plaguez

Frankly, I don't want Luongo on Team Canada. Playing under International spotlight, or having a two week break might be the difference between winning a Cup or falling short.

Call me selfish, but the gold medal will most likely be won anyways, whereas a Stanley Cup to Vancouver is a feat no Canucks fan will complain about.

Dont worry,,its okay, Vancouver will not be winning any Stanley Cup this year.

The way things are now Price would be the starter. I think Lou will be there in some capacity. He needs to get real hot here in December to make that happen. Even if he were to end up as 2nd/3rd option there would have to be a significant upside to the number 2 to bump Lou and his experience from the same place he rose out of to succeed last time.

Canada>Vancouver.

I would rather want to see gold than a Cup. Just a bigger fan of a whole of Canada than just a some fans in Vancouver. I wouldn't mind sharing victory with all of Canada.

Disgusting.

Some people need to lay of the "Rob Ford Pixie dust" most of all Gord Stellick.

Anyone who thinks Luongo won't be starter, or on the team for that matter needs to give their head a shake! you don't just cut ties with the guy who won gold for you last time, who is still playing very good hockey and is being highly regarded by many in the hockey world.

How many players have said Luongo is the hardest goalie to score on?

Oh and 1 more little nugget for the naysayers...Mike Babcock himself is very high on Luongo and has coached him on more than 1 international stage tourny and says "Luongo always wins!"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/a-preview-of-canadas-olympic-hockey-team/

According to Gord, there will be no Canucks on the team. His pucks for goalies are Price, Smith, Crawford.

He also says that PK Subban is on the bubble, and it's likely only 1 player from any Canadian team will be chosen, that being Price.

Has Lu earned his spot or should the previous starter and gold medal winner be given the spot or should we go with the best goalies period?

Speculative article by an immense d-bag

Canada>Vancouver.

I would rather want to see gold than a Cup. Just a bigger fan of a whole of Canada than just a some fans in Vancouver. I wouldn't mind sharing victory with all of Canada.

:picard:

Crosby and Iginla had some fine chemistry in 2010. If Iggy makes the team, no question he'll be playing with Crosby. Doubt Sharp will make the team as he states and St. Louis and Stamkos (assuming he gets healthy in time) won't be making Team Canada.

Wow, really? Iginla wasn't on the summer roster and has barely done anything this year. Yzerman would be stupid to pass on St. Louis a second time.

Really, didn't see him on the first page for both stats, I'll look again?

Edit: your right I had it on all goaltenders not qualified goaltenders. Still nothing to wright home about.

Using something trivial like stats is not a good way to show someone's skills. If you watch the games, you can simply tell Luongo is a better goalie than Smith, or Elliot, or Crawford, in the way he is on the ice. When he is focused (which is all the time nowadays), he stands out over the average goalies. There's a reason he has achieved all he has achieved. You don't win the gold just because you play for team Canada. Then you might as well take a credibility to ALL the players on that team, since nobody single-handedly won it.

Canada>Vancouver.

Canada has already won gold medals... I am all for olympic glory but if I had to choose one it would't be the gold medal it would be the cup. The cup is everything!!! Why in the right mind would you rather have yet another gold medal instead of the Stanley cup? I don't understand some Canuck fans sometimes....

Using something trivial like stats is not a good way to show someone's skills. If you watch the games, you can simply tell Luongo is a better goalie than Smith, or Elliot, or Crawford, in the way he is on the ice. When he is focused (which is all the time nowadays), he stands out over the average goalies. There's a reason he has achieved all he has achieved. You don't win the gold just because you play for team Canada. Then you might as well take a credibility to ALL the players on that team, since nobody single-handedly won it.

Your right about the stats but I just don't see what you see, I see a goalie that's been on a downward slide for over 4 years now it's hard to say with a straight face that he's the best Canada has and should be there just because he was last Olympics. I know a lot want to support him because he's the hometown guy but let's be honest he he's only here because he had to be. He is playing better this year but even so is no lights out and not turning any heads he's just looking like an average NHL goalie. Keep your expectations low if he gets in great but I see no reason other then he played last to pick him.

Archived