The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN vs EDM - 12/13/13 - 6PM - the Game before the Game

Strombone1

Going to my first ever hockey game tonight! I am PUMPED!! (even though I know it won't be that good of a game because the Bruins are in town tomorrow and our guys will probably want to save some energy for that)

3-1 Nux

Danny, Bieksa and Higgins

You need to paint your face in Canucks colours, trust me, everybody does it and you'll look silly if you don't.

6 oclock start is bunk. Still stuck in richmond traffic at that time.

Awesome for me since I live in Calgary, I go stir crazy waiting until 8:00 PM for the games ... and work isn't always great the next day.

Hurry home though .... we need you!

Hmm I was really thinking Lack would get the start today against the oilers for two reasons.

1. He's coming off a shutout, and if he got the game right after it would kinda be like rewarding him with more ice time for playing well, even though he would have probably got one of the 2 games in anyways playing him right away instead of sitting him out sends that message

2. Get Luongo to play against Boston, have our best goalie out there. No matter how much the coaches want to play it off like another game, its not, it probably means something to Luongo, the last time he's played against them was in game 7.

Hmm I was really thinking Lack would get the start today against the oilers for two reasons.

1. He's coming off a shutout, and if he got the game right after it would kinda be like rewarding him with more ice time for playing well, even though he would have probably got one of the 2 games in anyways playing him right away instead of sitting him out sends that message

2. Get Luongo to play against Boston, have our best goalie out there. No matter how much the coaches want to play it off like another game, its not, it probably means something to Luongo, the last time he's played against them was in game 7.

I think playing Luongo on 5 days rest and throwing him in against Boston cold would be a terrible idea. If we can build a good lead maybe Lack comes in for the third or gets the Boston start.

I'm taking Mini-me to the game for his 5th birthday!

With the Kassian thing, I'd only be icing him tonight with "protection" (Weise, Archie, even Juice/Stanton/Alberts) not that he needs someone to stick up for him, just to watch the kid's back for any cheap shot 'retribution' he's got coming.

Also, having tortorella marching around with a horsewhip yelling "Focus on tonight, not tomorrow night!" might be a good idea.

Following a three-day lay off, the Vancouver Canucks look to extend their winning streak to six straight games as they prepare for their 2nd meeting of the season with the Edmonton Oilers.

I love the attitude of this team right now :) They are well aware that these 2 points against a hot Oilers team are vital and to be sure that they don't look too far ahead to the game tomorrow.

Is it just me or do things seem really good right now between the personnel of this team? The buzz in the dressing room during the interviews is like nothing I'm ever used to seeing anymore. It must have something to do with the 5-game winning streak. Or Christmas spirits must be high :emot-parrot:

Let's make it 6 boyz!!!! Go Nucks!

‏@patersonjeff

Torts says not comfortable with Kassian on Twins line b/c of his play in own zone & against other team's best players #Canucks

I love Tort's open comments. He leaves zero to interpretation. Hoping Kass doesn't get gooned in this game. Here's hoping that he works as hard as last game too.

Gotta win this one boys.

Big game for twins and kass tonight!

Tonight?? Twins and kass ??

f6due.gif

Ok.

Good effort.

You said we were playing the Oilers a day before we play them and said that the twins and kass would play with each other when torts said they wouldn't.

I didn't need any effort :P

Your the one who needs to put in the effort of getting the simple things right.

Archived