The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] NHL Team 4-0 AHL Team

JE14

You know the only thing I missed about this board is that member who did "view from the other side" some nights that was really entertaining.

You guys would love the oilers board gdt all 1st page bout our memes in our gdt then 6th pg they are admiting of how bad the oilers are and 13th they are mad and want 1 of their boys traded for help. LOL

should of drafted

seguin

landeskorg

murray

lol 3/3 bad #1 picks

:towel: :towel: :towel: at lease we are still number 1 in wester canada for 5years till burkie in calgary builds a empire

Good thing they didn't.

regards,

G.

Love how Tortorella always has the Sedins' backs (as in tonight's post game presser).

Even more than the "who cares what Mike Milbury says" comment, I liked what Torts had to say next.

Regarding the twins being disrespected and referred to as "the sisters," Torts went right after Milbury for these comments. Beginning with a "no disrespect to Mike" that brought to mind Jon Stewart's New Jersey Goodfella impressions, Torts went on to basically dismiss Milbury as merely a "commentator" and a "guy outside of the game."

Ouch!

Pretty strong words for Tortorella to use against Milbury, a fellow Bostonian and a guy with 12 seasons in the NHL as a player, followed by a pretty successful NHL coaching career (at least early on), and a less successful stint as an NHL GM. Say what you will about Mike Milbury (and there's a fair amount that can be criticized), but given his history in the NHL (as a player, coach, and GM), he's pretty much as close to an "insider" as you get.

Normally, I'd say that Milbury has earned some respect and his opinions on hockey should carry a fair amount of weight. He's probably forgotten more about this game than I will ever know.

However, the Mike Milbury who called the Sedin twins "the sisters" does not deserve respect. The man who made those comments is someone who is completely oblivious to the reality of who the Sedins are and how they play the game. I'd go so far as to say that the Mike Milbury who made those comments is very much "outside" of today's NHL game.

And Torts was bang on to suggest as much.

I'm so glad that Vancouver finally has a guy who pulls no punches when it comes to defending his players in the media.

Tortorella finished things off by saying that comments like Milbury's "make me sick" and that people who take those kinds of "potshots" at the twins are people who "don't have a clue."

Well said Torts! I couldn't agree more.

The Canucks may not be an elite team anymore, but we're in a different league than the Oilers.

Great game

I actually missed the game. Was checking score updates at church...is that bad? Anyways I guess I'll find out someday lol.

Great effort by everyone it seems.

Congrats on the shutout Lu

Weise looked really good

Thought the mocking gesture by Kassian towards Gagner was awful. The incident and the subsequent suspension were bad enough. Let's not make it even worse. A really bad act by Kassian, especially given that he never reached out to Gagner to apologize. The Canucks as an organization boast names like Linden, Smyl, and the Sedins. We are better than a classless act like that.

Archived