The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian making a case for himself

TheRussianRocket.

I like the energy he seemed to have after the Giordano thing. Instead of going after someone and gooning them his first response was to try and generate a very quality scoring chance, which he did essentially on his own.

THAT is the Kassian we want him to be. If he starts out defensively responsible as he was for the most part tonight, the points will come after that, as they did tonight.

Kassian's worst enemy is himself. If he can put any off the ice stuff behind him and act like a professional, he can become a premier scoring threat. He has been playing well lately but consistency is a beautiful thing, and the Canucks need him to show it over a larger portion of games. The sky is the limit for Kassian as long as he applies himself to being the ultimate professional and showing the team that he means business.

Let's not forgot (putting that suspension behind him) that Kassian's issues off the ice have been brought to question. The last guy I saw that had that type of personality was Shane O'Brien and we call all agree him leaving was a good thing in terms of team focus. Kassian wants to become the next Todd Bertuzzi, but even Todd didn't have off the ice issues in the early going of his career. So Zack just needs to stay focused and he will gain the trust of the coaches and praise of the fans.

Kassian has said a lot of good things infront of the media...about how the 'Nucks have one of the best NHL leadership groups he's ever experienced (comparing 'em to the BUF gang I guess), he said they have set a great examples for him & set the bar really high for discipline & team committment to their collective goals. They all demand professional preparation & sacrifice. I think the light bulb may be goin on here for the Kassquatch. But as a pugelist...there are risks for a guy like Kass. These trainers & docs need to be ontop of things like..prescription meds needed for sleep & pain. And his 'mates need to help him in steam-off in better ways,

This leadership group & Torts need to focus Kass more on playing with edge... rather than going over that edge. Kass will just be hurt in the long-run if he's fighting his way thru the league on a Sestito-track. Both players can be so much MORE. And - I wanna see that!

The more I watch him the more I think of him resembling a child stuck in an adults body.

A lot of the time he looks lost and wanders around aimlessly hoping to get the puck. But when he has it he's dominant. Tonight was especially funny when everybody else had fought and he was trying to goad SOB into a fight. He was so upset SOB declined that he threw his hands up in the air like "Whyyyy?". I think I'm going to quite enjoy Kassian when he rounds into form.

The more I watch him the more I think of him resembling a child stuck in an adults body.

A lot of the time he looks lost and wanders around aimlessly hoping to get the puck. But when he has it he's dominant. Tonight was especially funny when everybody else had fought and he was trying to goad SOB into a fight. He was so upset SOB declined that he threw his hands up in the air like "Whyyyy?". I think I'm going to quite enjoy Kassian when he rounds into form.

I'm glad he didn't fight. SOB shouldn't be worth anyone's time to fight.

Kassian raises his level of play when he gets heated, and he was dominant tonight. You can tell Tortorella is the perfect kind of passionate coach for Kassian because it rubs off so noticeably. This kid has earned his spot in our top-6, and I still think he should be out there protecting and playing with the Sedins eventually.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Santorelli - Booth

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

Dude what is your issue did Kassian bitch slap you when you were younger or something?

Every chance you get you slam him..... are you a disgruntled yute

No, he just doesn't understand the game of hockey. He doesn't understant the games within the games, and he thinks goals are the end all, be all to playing hockey.

And yet Kassian has one decent game and he gets a thread declaring how he's arrived. Exactly my point.

You can't honestly say he doesn't look better this season though. I mean, that really might not be saying much since we don't have a lot to compare to, but he's made steps in the right direction.

To some here Kassian has to not only be a better player then he was traded for or else he's a bust but he has to be better then what some believe the player he was traded for was going to be (next Sakic/Team captain) it's one thing to have to defeat in an existing 'legacy' but to be microscoped over something perceived and doesn't exist is impossible to defeat.

Personally I am enjoying watching him develop. the spotlight has been devoured by vets for a long time and it's neat to see a young guy claw his way up. Not sure how he's hard to root for with some of you, but he's fast becoming a fan favorite despite that.

Kassian is slowly learning to play his game and improving every night. It's great to see.

I wonder how far he can go on his development path before the playoffs.

No, he just doesn't understand the game of hockey. He doesn't understant the games within the games, and he thinks goals are the end all, be all to playing hockey.

As it should be. But seriously He has been one of their better forwards in these clutch game situations recently. He certainly has sweet hands (that was not an easy feed to Kes last night) In the D zone he is slowly starting to come back and help out more on first pass out. I like his progress he fits well with this team and definitely makes them tougher

He can play pretty damn good, and seems to be getting better.

Also, he looks like a mad man and has a reputation of hurting people (accidentally and on purpose). He is feared and that is good. Anybody on the ice with him has to be thinking in the back of their minds they might get effed up bad (again, accidentally or on purpose)

Archived