The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian making a case for himself

TheRussianRocket.

His goal against the Pens was unreal. If that was Crosby making that play people would be praising it as goal of the year.

Also, I just realized Kassian had 2 goals against the Pens this season. Not too shabby.

Holy cow I glassed over how crazy good that goal was. Kassian is a beaut.

He's channeling his hate into his game rather nicely, aggressive carrying the puck, strong attacks with the puck, and his skating hard with the puck reminds me of Kesler a bit. That's where Torts has him right and not taking unnecessary penalties. He's a stigma with the refs so he has to channel that energy into his game.

That's why I am saying the Canucks miss managed Hodgson, it has nothing to do with Kassian other than his perceived value through his trade. Hodgson was a cancer, but we knew that well before he ever put on a Canucks uniform, but he was coming from some incredible junior play. His dealings with his agent and our dealings with his injuries were a sign and should have made him at least a good second to third rice of a big trade.

We had two centers who were and always will be better than Hodgson. Gillis took him because he was the best player avail at #10.

Sabres had no skilled centers after Roy and it takes 5 years to develop power forwards. Even more sometimes. They didnt have the patience or the system set up.

It was a perfect trade for both the teams and both the players.

Some people have gotten impatient with Tortorella not moving Kassian into the top 6 early or frequent enough for their liking, and with the injuries the team has faced it may have seemed an obvious option at times, but I think there's some wisdom in keeping the carrots in the fridge for the time being. The other guys in the Canucks top 6 took an incremental path of development to (earn) their spots there. Kassian has a seriously impressive range of attributes to develop, and to round them out will take time - he could probably play a valuable and effective role in the top 6 at this stage - but there is also something to be said about holding your 'horses' back just slightly, and releasing him at the right/opportune time.

With him being an rfa at years end, what do you guys think his next contract will look like?

I think we should expect a short 2-3 year deal with a low cap hit. Inventive not only to continue to develop and improve, but to work your ass off for a multi-year, well paying contract.

Some people have gotten impatient with Tortorella not moving Kassian into the top 6 early or frequent enough for their liking, and with the injuries the team has faced it may have seemed an obvious option at times, but I think there's some wisdom in keeping the carrots in the fridge for the time being. The other guys in the Canucks top 6 took an incremental path of development to (earn) their spots there. Kassian has a seriously impressive range of attributes to develop, and to round them out will take time - he could probably play a valuable and effective role in the top 6 at this stage - but there is also something to be said about holding your 'horses' back just slightly, and releasing him at the right/opportune time.

I was frustrated, but I do think JT has done a good job with Kass......he's looking very good out there on the 2nd linbe.

What if I physically lost me sight in a horrible, disfiguring, explosion that left me not only blind? I can still see that a comma would help your sentence drastically though. ;)

no excuses. even a blind man/woman can see that case has been out of our best players since December.

...can anybody say snipe!? What a shot, what a goal! Kassian is a beast I'm telling you people...be patient and he'll become a premier force in the league.

Once he's developed and if he becomes a 25+ goal scorer, 50+ point getter and a bruising hitter, he's going to be a gem like he's already turning out to be.

He's going to make a push to score 20 goals this year. Huge improvement from where he was at to begin the season.

on the fourth line? lol I hope he continues to do what he is doing it seems to be working and will only get better..

Also loved how he was trolling that Oiler (Gazdic ?sp..)who wanted to fight him all game...

on the fourth line? lol I hope he continues to do what he is doing it seems to be working and will only get better..

Also loved how he was trolling that Oiler (Gazdic ?sp..)who wanted to fight him all game...

He's not playing on the fourth line. From what I can tell, he's been bouncing between the second and third lines while averaging ~13 minutes.

Also, yes the Gazdic troll job was awesome. I love how he stepped out of the way of what would have been a charge, then chirped him for the rest of the game. He very easily could have gotten into penalty trouble with the chirping, but didn't.

He's not playing on the fourth line. From what I can tell, he's been bouncing between the second and third lines while averaging ~13 minutes.

Also, yes the Gazdic troll job was awesome. I love how he stepped out of the way of what would have been a charge, then chirped him for the rest of the game. He very easily could have gotten into penalty trouble with the chirping, but didn't.

i was responding to the quote about his slow start to the season... ( he was on the forth line)

Archived