The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian making a case for himself

TheRussianRocket.

He was one of the best players on the ice. He found the open man several times and was playing with lots of speed attacking the O Zone. If Kesler wasnt so greedy with the puck a couple of times he may have even popped one in too. This is exactly the type of player needed in the playoffs...now if he can only do it on a more consistent basis.

He's definitely winning me over.

My gripe would be with Canucks management miss-managing Coho. Based on the potential he showed in the juniors they should have been able to deal him, possibly sooner, for someone else.

Right now, for what Kassian provides for the deal we got an equal deal. Overall, you don't want Hodgson to be another Peter Schaefer, which he seemed to be, believing his own hype.

He was one of the best players on the ice. He found the open man several times and was playing with lots of speed attacking the O Zone. If Kesler wasnt so greedy with the puck a couple of times he may have even popped one in too. This is exactly the type of player needed in the playoffs...now if he can only do it on a more consistent basis.

That's why we need another centre, to push Kesler to the wing. The most success we had this year was when kes was the third sedin.

If we can trade for O'Reilly and if Schroeder comes back from injury and performs well then we have some other options and can keep kes with the twins.

That's why we need another centre, to push Kesler to the wing. The most success we had this year was when kes was the third sedin.

If we can trade for O'Reilly and if Schroeder comes back from injury and performs well then we have some other options and can keep kes with the twins.

Getting O'Reilly would be a great move for this organization. It would be the type of move, if done correctly, that could have a huge impact for this team now and for the future.

He's definitely winning me over.

My gripe would be with Canucks management miss-managing Coho. Based on the potential he showed in the juniors they should have been able to deal him, possibly sooner, for someone else.

Right now, for what Kassian provides for the deal we got an equal deal. Overall, you don't want Hodgson to be another Peter Schaefer, which he seemed to be, believing his own hype.

Look, I don't understand why you're still holding a so called gripe with management, hind sight is 20/20. How long ago did the trade involving Hodgson happen? You never know, management might have learned something through it all. Personally I think think they handled things pretty well by keeping it out of the media for most part to this day. So how do you know how things were really handled.

Canuck management knew what they had in Hodgson more than any of us will ever know, they drafted him. You say they miss managed him? I say he was a pretty big cancer behind the scenes for management to trade him on the potential of a player, whom I might add was far younger than Hodgson at the time and presently is still maturing. So not really knowing what the whole of the story is one can't say they mismanaged him. People can say things aren't fair but when millions of dollars of contracted money is on the table get over fair. Maybe their biggest fault would have been being too patient with him knowing what they had.

The Kassian trade is old news and if you liked Hodgson that much, head over to Buffalo. You can follow him there.

side note: I watch Hodgson during high lights, he's a crap skater, do you think he's going to get faster? I watch his defensive play, which is effected by his lack of speed, is that going to get better?

Kassian on the other hand is what we've got to pull for and he's looking better. His learning curve is between his ears. He's maturing with great guidance from Torts and Co.

Getting O'Reilly would be a great move for this organization. It would be the type of move, if done correctly, that could have a huge impact for this team now and for the future.

I'm not entirely convinced having O'Reilly would make the kind of impact fans would want this season, but next season having Sedin O'Reilly Horvat and Richardson down the middle looks very promising and very hard to play against.

I also think Kassian and O'Reilly would play really well together, both players slow the game down a little and they both score goals and put up assists.

Back to Kassian, he is really showing great vision, unfortunately the players usually ending up with the puck shoot low percentage shots while having space to take a look. But in the end, he's playing physical and is becoming more consistent.

The Cancucks have a beauty in Kassian. He can flat out pass, I'd put him third behind the Sedins since Shredder isn't in the lineup. He should be ridding shotgun on the Kesler line as the set up man for Higgins and Kes. I also think he should be the 2nd PP unit QB on the half wall, but that's just me.

If he stays in the top 6 for the remainder of the season, he'll be pushing 30 points and 20 goals for the season.

Would love to see a Booth-Schroeder-Kassian line when Schroeds is back.

I agree and I think JS is a bigger piece of the puzzle than most people understand. There's chemistry between kassian and Booth, as well as Kassian and JS. I like the looks of that trio

I agree and I think JS is a bigger piece of the puzzle than most people understand. There's chemistry between kassian and Booth, as well as Kassian and JS. I like the looks of that trio

JS will also allow Kassian to start shooting more and using his hands around the net...

right now Kassian is throwing sauce all over the ice to guys who can't finish...this kid is a gem and if we can get him scoring we will see what MG did, size, speed, vision, scoring ability and a temper...

its coming and in about 3 years everyone will be praising him and bashing those people who whined over coho

The signs are positive for him.

Sofar he has shown that he has the potential to be physical, tough, and capable of getting under the oppositions skin. He has good hands that can pass and score. Those are all things that could be great assets for the future.

Look, I don't understand why you're still holding a so called gripe with management, hind sight is 20/20. How long ago did the trade involving Hodgson happen? You never know, management might have learned something through it all. Personally I think think they handled things pretty well by keeping it out of the media for most part to this day. So how do you know how things were really handled.

Canuck management knew what they had in Hodgson more than any of us will ever know, they drafted him. You say they miss managed him? I say he was a pretty big cancer behind the scenes for management to trade him on the potential of a player, whom I might add was far younger than Hodgson at the time and presently is still maturing. So not really knowing what the whole of the story is one can't say they mismanaged him. People can say things aren't fair but when millions of dollars of contracted money is on the table get over fair. Maybe their biggest fault would have been being too patient with him knowing what they had.

The Kassian trade is old news and if you liked Hodgson that much, head over to Buffalo. You can follow him there.

side note: I watch Hodgson during high lights, he's a crap skater, do you think he's going to get faster? I watch his defensive play, which is effected by his lack of speed, is that going to get better?

Kassian on the other hand is what we've got to pull for and he's looking better. His learning curve is between his ears. He's maturing with great guidance from Torts and Co.

That's why I am saying the Canucks miss managed Hodgson, it has nothing to do with Kassian other than his perceived value through his trade. Hodgson was a cancer, but we knew that well before he ever put on a Canucks uniform, but he was coming from some incredible junior play. His dealings with his agent and our dealings with his injuries were a sign and should have made him at least a good second to third rice of a big trade.

Archived