The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HBO's "True Detective"

GLASSJAW

pregnancy or boob job?

Not pregnant, and she already has DDs. Just good discussions happened where she realized that after nearly 10 years of marriage together (at that time), I had been doing a lot for her and changed a lot for the better, and she thought it was probably best she change some things about herself as well. I could mention some of the little things that have changed, which perhaps doesn't seem big to people here who aren't married, but I don't want to bore people. For some other things, it's not very "public forum" appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully things pick up tonight (haven't seen the previews, I never do). Also, there's a 15 minute featurette of GoT season 4 airing right after. The two week hiatus feels too long

No kidding. I didn't even realize they were skipping last week, until 8:00 pm rolled around and it wasn't on...

I guess being Superbowl Sunday it made sense, but it was pretty disappointing.

Just watched the last two episodes.... Sweet Jesus, the ending of episode four was one of the most intense moments I've ever seen on TV. The fact that you know Rust is still alive, but still worry for his survival in the flashbacks is a testament to how well made this show is. The chemistry between Woody and Matt is insane, it's like they both feed off eachother's brilliant acting and it just elevates it to another level. Damn this show's good.

That six minute one shot take at the end was amazing

Yeah thank god for the Steadicam and the people who know how to use it. I own one myself and it is a difficult device to master. How the Steadicam operator managed to film and 'climb' over the fence at the same time I have no idea. Perhaps he got onto a crane that just lifted him up and over or something.

Just watched the last two episodes.... Sweet Jesus, the ending of episode four was one of the most intense moments I've ever seen on TV. The fact that you know Rust is still alive, but still worry for his survival in the flashbacks is a testament to how well made this show is. The chemistry between Woody and Matt is insane, it's like they both feed off eachother's brilliant acting and it just elevates it to another level. Damn this show's good.

I loved this scene (minor spoiler, I wouldn't even call it a spoiler, but just so people don't get pissed.):

When Rust and Marty are interrogating the suspect in that white cell for information on his old cellmate, and after they are done, Marty sits down next to him and says something like "It must have been really hard, spending so much time sitting and listening to someone spew bull all day long" (or something to that effect) while looking directly at Rust.

Yeah thank god for the Steadicam and the people who know how to use it. I own one myself and it is a difficult device to master. How the Steadicam operator managed to film and 'climb' over the fence at the same time I have no idea. Perhaps he got onto a crane that just lifted him up and over or something.

Apparently it was a crane:

http://m.mtv.com/news/article.rbml?id=1722001&alt=http%3a%2f%2fm.mtv.com%2fnews%2findex.rbml

wow, what a great episode this week. I'm interested to see his justification for blowing away the black guy. Woody's a bit of a dumbass in this series.........who goes into a biker bar when you're the guys out when he needs one?

"I'm lookin' for my friend!"

"GTFO of here! WTF comes in here saying, 'I'm lookin' for my friend'?!"

LOL

Archived