The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours.

Warhippy

True, specially since i've seen these Rumors cited sources like the FourthPeriod. Not even coming from BobbyMac or Dreger. Sometimes it has mentions of Lebrun from his ESPN column.

TSN taking a page from Eklund's book. Trying to get traffic/more viewers, by doing more speculation than actually reports facts. But they are still 100 times more credible than Eklund.

Which is exactly why I have posted this thread.

Otherwise we'd have daily threads about the Jets moving player this and Isles moving player that and Calgary selling everything and the Oilers wanting a 1st round pick and Crosby for mr 47 goals in 5 years Hemsky

They belong here....to die

So which was it?

TVA Sports reported Monday night that Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin turned down a trade offer from Colorado that would have seen winger Rene Bourque go the Avalanche and P.A. Parenteau head to the Habs.

The network's website adds that negotiations between both teams are ongoing.

However, RDS hockey reporter and TSN contributor Francois Gagnon reports it was the other way round - that the Avalanche rejected the offer from the Canadiens.

Parenteau, 30, and Bourque, 32, are under contract through the 2015-16 season, with Parenteau carrying a $4 million cap hit and Bourque with a $3.3 million cap hit.

Nothing Wild on Miller

With rumours of Ryan Miller possibly going to Minnesota, TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted on Monday that he believes the Wild will stand pat on goaltending until at least the Olympic break.

"FWIW, and things can always change, as of now, I don't believe Minnesota is close to any deal with anyone," he wrote. "Wild may require a goalie if Harding is out long term but with only five games left before the Olympic break, (they're) likely to ride it out until then to get clearer read on status.

"I don't doubt Buffalo intends to trade Ryan Miller, but I don't sense anything is necessarily imminent, even though rumours seem to be rampant.

"I hate tweeting something NOT close because landscape shifts quickly - one phone call can do it - and if so, all I can do is look is wrong. But my best information is Minnesota isn't close on anything and Buffalo is working to move Miller but nothing imminent. As of this moment anyway."

Buy Mode in Newark

With five weeks remaining before the trade deadline, Rich Chere of NJ.com writes that the Devils are looking for a linemate on the left side for Travis Zajac and Jaromir Jagr and perhaps a veteran defenceman.

So which was it?

TVA Sports reported Monday night that Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin turned down a trade offer from Colorado that would have seen winger Rene Bourque go the Avalanche and P.A. Parenteau head to the Habs.

The network's website adds that negotiations between both teams are ongoing.

However, RDS hockey reporter and TSN contributor Francois Gagnon reports it was the other way round - that the Avalanche rejected the offer from the Canadiens.

Parenteau, 30, and Bourque, 32, are under contract through the 2015-16 season, with Parenteau carrying a $4 million cap hit and Bourque with a $3.3 million cap hit.

Nothing Wild on Miller

With rumours of Ryan Miller possibly going to Minnesota, TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted on Monday that he believes the Wild will stand pat on goaltending until at least the Olympic break.

"FWIW, and things can always change, as of now, I don't believe Minnesota is close to any deal with anyone," he wrote. "Wild may require a goalie if Harding is out long term but with only five games left before the Olympic break, (they're) likely to ride it out until then to get clearer read on status.

"I don't doubt Buffalo intends to trade Ryan Miller, but I don't sense anything is necessarily imminent, even though rumours seem to be rampant.

"I hate tweeting something NOT close because landscape shifts quickly - one phone call can do it - and if so, all I can do is look is wrong. But my best information is Minnesota isn't close on anything and Buffalo is working to move Miller but nothing imminent. As of this moment anyway."

Buy Mode in Newark

With five weeks remaining before the trade deadline, Rich Chere of NJ.com writes that the Devils are looking for a linemate on the left side for Travis Zajac and Jaromir Jagr and perhaps a veteran defenceman.

P.A > Bourque. Have to believe Colorado turned it down not Montreal

With the turnaround that the Jets are having, I do not see a trade involving Ladd, Kane, Wheeler, Little, or Byfuglien.

As indicated on TSN, I think the players likely to be moved are Stuart, Setoguchi, Jokinen, and quite possibly Frolik.

The team has responded really well to a new voice in the dressing room. They are playing more disciplined hockey and seem to have new life. Trading away their core would be a mistake.

I tend to agree (that the Jets probably won't be cashing in their biggest chips at this year's deadline) but the rumours do continue to persist. Here's last night's Sportsnet Hockey Central Trade Tracker regarding the possibility of Andrew Ladd being moved at the deadline:

http://www.sportsnet...er-andrew-ladd/

And Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press has continued to push the idea that the Noel firing needs to be accompanied by a purge of the Jets' leadership "clique":

But replacing the coach is not enough to fix this club. If Noel is to go, so too should the clique running this team's dressing room.

http://www.winnipegf...-239381581.html

And going from the Free Press comments section and some of the main Jets boards, the idea (of moving Ladd, etc) is more popular among Winnipeg fans than I ever would have expected.

So there's certainly a fair amount of smoke. As to whether there's also fire, we'll have to see where things stand on March 5th.

If Ladd was available, I think that Brian Lawton is correct in putting Vancouver at the top of the list of possible destinations (although I also agree with Kypreos that Cheveldayoff would be pretty crazy to move him).

But if Ladd was on offer, how much should the Canucks be willing to deal for him?

Our biggest chip (Edler) isn't really on the Jets' shortlist of demands. While I believe that Winnipeg would be a significantly improved team with Edler (their left side isn't as deep as their right and they are lacking a little size/physicality on the LHDs), it's hard to say whether or not they'd want him as their main piece. They seem to be happy with their D and with the emerging young core.

I think Hansen has to come into the discussion (as part of a package) since he lives in Winnipeg and loves the city. As much as I hate the idea of moving him (favourite Canuck and fellow Dane), he really seems to need a change of scenery and I think he'd quickly become a fan favourite in the 'Peg.

I'm also fine with moving the Canucks' 2014 1st round pick.

And I think only Horvat stays on the untouchable prospects list. For Ladd, I'd even be OK with losing one of Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, or Corrado.

I think we could come up with a suitable package out of those parts. Not sure how many pieces it might take, however.

From what I've heard, the Jets are really looking to add some good complimentary top-nine forwards to their current group. I think that Hansen could really help them there. I could even see Booth as add-on to a trade (and to balance some salary), if it's also sweetened with a strong package of pick(s)/prospect(s), to go along with Hansen.

To me, Andrew Ladd is definitely a player that you sacrifice assets for (both current and future).

Nearly every team in the league would be happy to have him and he'd be a really good fit in Vancouver: 6'3", 210lbs, power winger who can score 30 goals a season. Leadership. 2 Stanley Cup rings. Local connection (from Maple Ridge--so there's a good chance of extending him here, possibly with "home-town discount," once he's actually wearing Canucks colours). Two more years left on his current contract and at a great cap hit ($4.4 million).

If Ladd was available, what would it take to land him and what pieces would people be OK parting with?

I tend to agree (that the Jets probably won't be cashing in their biggest chips at this year's deadline) but the rumours do continue to persist. Here's last night's Sportsnet Hockey Central Trade Tracker regarding the possibility of Andrew Ladd being moved at the deadline:

http://www.sportsnet...er-andrew-ladd/

And Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press has continued to push the idea that the Noel firing needs to be accompanied by a purge of the Jets' leadership "clique":

http://www.winnipegf...-239381581.html

And going from the Free Press comments section and some of the main Jets boards, the idea (of moving Ladd, etc) is more popular among Winnipeg fans than I ever would have expected.

So there's certainly a fair amount of smoke. As to whether there's also fire, we'll have to see where things stand on March 5th.

If Ladd was available, I think that Brian Lawton is correct in putting Vancouver at the top of the list of possible destinations (although I also agree with Kypreos that Cheveldayoff would be pretty crazy to move him).

But if Ladd was on offer, how much should the Canucks be willing to deal for him?

Our biggest chip (Edler) isn't really on the Jets' shortlist of demands. While I believe that Winnipeg would be a significantly improved team with Edler (their left side isn't as deep as their right and they are lacking a little size/physicality on the LHDs), it's hard to say whether or not they'd want him as their main piece. They seem to be happy with their D and with the emerging young core.

I think Hansen has to come into the discussion (as part of a package) since he lives in Winnipeg and loves the city. As much as I hate the idea of moving him (favourite Canuck and fellow Dane), he really seems to need a change of scenery and I think he'd quickly become a fan favourite in the 'Peg.

I'm also fine with moving the Canucks' 2014 1st round pick.

And I think only Horvat stays on the untouchable prospects list. For Ladd, I'd even be OK with losing one of Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, or Corrado.

I think we could come up with a suitable package out of those parts. Not sure how many pieces it might take, however.

From what I've heard, the Jets are really looking to add some good complimentary top-nine forwards to their current group. I think that Hansen could really help them there. I could even see Booth as add-on to a trade (and to balance some salary), if it's also sweetened with a strong package of pick(s)/prospect(s), to go along with Hansen.

To me, Andrew Ladd is definitely a player that you sacrifice assets for (both current and future).

Nearly every team in the league would be happy to have him and he'd be a really good fit in Vancouver: 6'3", 210lbs, power winger who can score 30 goals a season. Leadership. 2 Stanley Cup rings. Local connection (from Maple Ridge--so there's a good chance of extending him here, possibly with "home-town discount," once he's actually wearing Canucks colours). Two more years left on his current contract and at a great cap hit ($4.4 million).

If Ladd was available, what would it take to land him and what pieces would people be OK parting with?

He's never scored 30 goals and never broken 60 points.

I'd love him on my team but he's not a game breaker like people thnk he is, he's just a solid hockey player.

I mention the 30 goals and 60 points because i've heard that a few times on sportsnet and tsn he's a guy who can score 30 a year and put up 70 points.

When?

Canucks need play-off grit / a second gear / etc, the Sedins have brought a non gritty play to the Canucks and there for :( they have the crap kicked out of them everytime there is pressure such as , late in a game , special teams , OT , shoot-outs and play-offs runs, I would trade the 2 Sedin sisters for - one Rick Nash or 1 Martin StLouis or 1 Milan Lucic , ya I know :) pipe dreams but I have to say it , the TWINS had their chances and we could do with a change of pace , change anything you like , but with the twins on our team , the Canucks will be the same old same old team , we need players that can play solo !!!! not as a tamdem unit , trade the twins PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off.

Do not call them sisters. it shows how ignorant you are and makes me wonder if you'll break the 25 post plateau before you get banned.

Secondly, they're still premiere players in this league and you're suggesting trading both of them for aging forwards? None of which has scored as many points as the twins have in a single year 2 of which who have never broken 70 points.

See that door, yes that door over there. Take that and your sisters comment and ignorance and use it.

2015 Vancouver Canuck dream forward roster,

R. Nash - R. Kesler - M. StLouis

M. Lucic - B. Horvat - C. Cassels

T. Sestito - J. Shoerder - Z. Kassian

K. Lain - B. Gaunce - A. Grenier

haha did you make your trades NHL 14 on xbox?

I would love to see Schroeder, Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce and Lain all consistently on the roster by 2015. It would be quite the stretch since they are all natural centres.

Also where did the Sedins go? Nucks are banking on them to be effective 2nd line players for at least 4 more seasons

First off.

Do not call them sisters. it shows how ignorant you are and makes me wonder if you'll break the 25 post plateau before you get banned.

Secondly, they're still premiere players in this league and you're suggesting trading both of them for aging forwards? None of which has scored as many points as the twins have in a single year 2 of which who have never broken 70 points.

See that door, yes that door over there. Take that and your sisters comment and ignorance and use it.

While I agree calling the Sedins sisters is hugely ignorant, I have to disagree with them being premier players anymore.

Premier players in the NHL can exceed in all situations. They haven't proven that.

Their lack of production in the playoffs and tendency to cough up the puck when physically pressured speaks volumes.

Hopefully they can change that but seeing as how they are 33, chances are slim.

While I agree calling the Sedins sisters is hugely ignorant, I have to disagree with them being premier players anymore.

Premier players in the NHL can exceed in all situations. They haven't proven that.

Their lack of production in the playoffs and tendency to cough up the puck when physically pressured speaks volumes.

Stop with that fallacy please.

Daniel Sedin. 96 playoff games and 67 points. Yet played on the 3rd and sometimes 2nd line for most of his playoff career

Henrik Sedin 99 playoff games 74 points. Yet again played on the 3rd and 2nd line most of his playoff career

While not point per game players are FAR from playoff disappointments. They just lack secondary scoring when needed. The same jab at this team for many moons.

Moving Marty?

Richard Chere of the Newark Star-Ledger asked Martin Brodeur if he would be surprised if Devils GM Lou Lamoriello approached him about waiving his no-trade clause. The 41-year-old is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

"No, not at all," Brodeur told The Star-Ledger on Tuesday. "It's within the team's rights to try and make themselves better. The fact is, I have the luxury to decide what I want to do. I hope if he (Lamoriello) is able to help the team, he'll ask, regardless of what it is. It's definitely something that is possible."

I have always been a Hansen fan, and not fond of trading picks... But I'd do Hansen and a first for Ladd.

Guessing that won't be enough though.

Don't think that would be enough and I don't want to give up our first. What about Gaunce, Hansen, 2nd for Ladd?

Anyone calling the Sedins playoff chokers are morons.

Anyone calling the Sedins elite at this point in their careers are morons as well.

Don't think that would be enough and I don't want to give up our first. What about Gaunce, Hansen, 2nd for Ladd?

Still not sold on selling Gaunce myself.

i REALLY think that kid will turn heads in 2 or 3 years on the team. I personally think he should have been up now. While not the fastest the kid is good

Archived