T. Sestito - J. Shoerder - Z. Kassian

K. Lain - B. Gaunce - A. Grenier

A.Ovechkin- S. Crosby - P. Datsyuk

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - J.Iginla

R.Nash - R.Kesler - P.kane

M.Lucic - S.Ott - J.Benn

Dreaming is fun...

Here's a dynamite move?

Ryan Kesler for Vladimir Sobotka, Chris Stewart and a second! St louis moves up the rankings as cup favorite?

Old News will love this one... :rolleyes:

Wonder how Kelly is doing, LOL!

As much as it would pain us all to lose Kesler, that would be an interesting deal, one that I would probably accept. On the proviso that we then package Edler + that 2nd and obtain a scoring forward for the top 6.

Here's a dynamite move?

Ryan Kesler for Vladimir Sobotka, Chris Stewart and a second! St louis moves up the rankings as cup favorite?

I'd probably take that deal... or something like it.

It's becoming clear as day that we need our 2nd and 3rd lines producing more offense, long-term. Kesler is a great 2-way player on his own, but doesn't seem to be able to run a line that can consistently produce.

Who's Peeping at Tom?

Thomas Vanek reportedly rejected a long-term deal from the Islanders, thrusting his name to the forefront of trade speculation once more. But who are the contenders that might look to bring the Austrian sniper on board?

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie believes the Pittsburgh Penguins and Los Angeles Kings would be foremost amongst the teams looking to add a scoring winger. He notes that the Penguins have cap issues but that Venek's level of skill will be enticing to a lot of contending teams.

Meanwhile, The Buffalo News took a different angle on Vanek's reported rejection of the Islanders by looking at a deal that might have been. The News wondered what the Sabres may have looked like had the team connected this past summer on a discussed trade with the Boston Bruins for Tyler Seguin.

Sunshine Stopper

Tim Thomas says he's open to sticking around with the Florida Panthers.

"I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea. I haven't talked to the club about that," Thomas told the Sun Sentinel on Monday.

"I was hoping by this time to be seeing more team success. That's been a little bit difficult,” the 39-year-old continued. “Having said that, it's a process. I knew coming into it where the team was last year. I bought into this process, and what we're trying to do is turn it around."

The Panthers signed Thomas to a one-year, $2.5 million deal this past off-season after the two-time Vezina-winner took a year away from hockey. The team currently possesses the NHL's third-worst record.

Cally Cash

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger revealed more on the current impasse between the New York Rangers and captain Ryan Callahan.

Dreger said Callahan is believed to be seeking more than $6.5 million but less than $7 million per year on a seven-year term from the Rangers.

There's Rangers don't have a lot of wiggle room in negotiations with Callahan and that's why Glen Sather is considering and working towards moving his captain.

On his Mark

Winnipeg Jets defenceman Mark Stuart's pending unrestricted free agency has thrust his name into trade speculation, but he's reportedly more interested in finishing what he's started with the team.

TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg host Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press tweeted on Monday that Stuart has said he wants to stay with the Jets beyond the deadline and into the future.

Stuart's three-year, $1.7 million AAV deal expires at season's end. The Jets currently seventh in the Central Division.

Here's a dynamite move?

I think we could do better than Sobotka, but you're right he'd be thrilled at that deal. More in keeping with someones earlier Shattenkirk idea myself

I wouldn't doubt a team would pay him that. Look what Clarkson got

The amazing thing about Clarkson is Leafs fans STILL defend it, but Weise has 12 points to Clarksons 8 and is almost $5 million less

I don't doubt some team gives him that but sensible teams not needing to reach the cap floor will stay the hell away from that nonsense.

I can see Edmonton, Calgary and or Florida paying out the nose for him though and regretting it 2 seasons later

Callahan REALLY thinks he's worth $6.5+ million.....

Or perhaps he REALLY wants out of New York and this is his way of forcing it?

Perhaps he/his agent are just playing hard ball to cash in as much as possible?

Or...?

Who really knows...?

Or perhaps he REALLY wants out of New York and this is his way of forcing it?

Perhaps he/his agent are just playing hard ball to cash in as much as possible?

Or...?

Who really knows...?

I can see him just wanting out of New York because even the most concussed player has to know with his injuries and production he's not worth more than $4.5 million at best (but will get overpaid anyways)

http://forum.canucks.com/user/30127-sonoman/

I did not reference or imply or say that vancouver or canuck was referenced in the story just said it would be good swap for van re: we could give them size fit in Booth who s game more suited to the east, + take some of his salary for Borque who has two yrs left at $3.1 or 2 it would be good change for both players

I think we could do better than Sobotka, but you're right he'd be thrilled at that deal. More in keeping with someones earlier Shattenkirk idea myself

Shattenkirk idea? :)

Does anyone have a better one / two punch down the right side of their D? Don't know why they would give that up, leaves Polak to run their 2knd PP...

Shattenkirk idea? :)

Does anyone have a better one / two punch down the right side of their D? Don't know why they would give that up, leaves Polak to run their 2knd PP...

Someoen suggested Kesler for Shattenkirk straight across, used the fact we've Horvat Gaunce as the up and comers but a guy like Shattenkirk is a harder find.

Actually made a reasonable case for it

Archived