The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ANA - 1/15/14 - 7:30PM

Strombone1

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma 1m

We now return you to your regular-scheduled programming. Canucks en route to being 1-7-3 against California clubs, scoring just 15 goals

Sedin line continue to struggle, not talking just offensively either. These guys are outshot most games in the last month - not sure I've seen them from that before. Ever.

I suggest splitting them up for a bit, till Burr gets back.

I've about had it with this cycle along the boards then pass to blueline. As long as we're kept to the perimeter the Sedins are no threat at all to anyone. We need north-south players that can rush the net. That should have been Booth, Kes, and Higgins, but alas, Booth is more interested in hunting animals than hunting for goals.

totally .. we can't even create dangerous chances ...

Take it one step further, I don't think its that we "can't", its more of a mindset of not taking risks with the puck in the offensive zone. A significant number of "dangerous" chances come in the slot from a relatively low-percentage pass.

Case in point...Daniel drove the zone from the left side with about 8:00 left, and had a chance to drop pass/center...*if* someone is driving net from behind, it may have created such a chance...but, Daniel wouldn't do it...he took the puck below the goalline, then tried to spin and find a "high percentage" chance to create. But, they just aren't there in this league nowadays.

In contrast, the Ducks (and the Kings are really good at this), just center the puck at will, "hoping" someone will be following the play from behind into the slot and be there for the chance.

This is coaching. In particular, the Sedins neutralize themselves trying to make the A+++ pass right now instead of finding the open space, putting the puck there and hoping someone fills in from the point.

Seen some hopeful signs that we're getting out of it. The first series after the 9 min PP at Staples we were doing this (and hit a post). Kesler has had two chances tonight moving toward the slot.

But, we need more of it.

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma 1m

We now return you to your regular-scheduled programming. Canucks en route to being 1-7-3 against California clubs, scoring just 15 goals

Sedin line continue to struggle, not talking just offensively either. These guys are outshot most games in the last month - not sure I've seen them from that before. Ever.

I suggest splitting them up for a bit, till Burr gets back.

lmao @ 1-7-3...wow

And the Ducks have a bad PP. 16%. Only one spot above us.

That's what really hurts. Ours is just a waste of 2 minutes. Sedins haven't scored inJanuary and we have no other real offensive weapons. OUr 4th line is carrying more of the play than our top 3 lines. burrows may help a bit but this team does not have the firepower to beat the top teams and obviously can[t rely on a defensive shut down game either.

Archived