The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] War: Nucks 3, Flames 2

TheRussianRocket.

Hartley had to put out his lineup first. He put out his three tough guys (he put a winger at the center position who had only taken 2 faceoffs prior this whole season). Tortorella didn't want to put out his stars cause he couldn't risk the Flames jumping them (always a chance) and he didn't want to back down to the Flames so he put out the fourth line.

aha. thats cool. I like it. 10 games ago id say we were pussies without an identity. at least now we have an identity. we're finally a tough hockey club. the Bruins do this its hard hockey. we do this its an abomination...I embrace the hate!

"I can't put our players at risk that way. I'm not proud of it. I've apologized to all of the players involved." - Torts

"My biggest mistake was putting Lain out there." - Torts

Wow, much respect Torts. I believe what he did crossed a line, but to come and apologize, knowing that he wants to change his image, is great in my books.

Bravo Torts.

I dont think people are choked that he defended our boys .. I think its how he decided to do it ... he could have ripped them at the presser

And that would matter how? It would keep the NHL with their false image of purity and of being untainted. A press conference will still get him in hot water....but it doesn't draw any negative attention to the league. This league's been a gong show for awhile...time to call attention to that and if it takes a Jerry Springer episode, so be it.

Good, entertaining game and win....But it took a battle against and shootout to beat the Flames. I think it shows we have come down a few levels.

4th game in 6 nights, just got home from a road trip (classically the worst game for fatigue), and all 4 of those were huge mental and physical battles (PHX because of Hanzal getting carte blanche from the refs). You're high if you don't think those were all factors.

Hey NHL and referees, its obvious on replay that the Flames had a clear plan to take off a couple of our top D off to start the game. They were the clear aggressors, all three of them. So by your rules, that you apparently stand by, (ie. Devorski), shouldn't the Flames have gotten 3 seven minute penalties?

Takes one to know one...

Sorry...the Canucks have been gooning it up as well.

#takestwototango

It's just as bad as we should have beat them 9-1. Instead, we barely beat them - which means we are basically the same as the Flames.

I don't know about you, but being the same as the Flames was not my expectation for this year.

Lmao. Being in the playoffs and not being in the playoffs are two different things.

Stop trolling

Take it on the chin Torts...took one for the team.

That's what a leader does. He doesn't care: how he looks (we'll leave that to PJ). How others feel about him. He cares about his team and he called out a cowardly act by a team with nothing to lose so thought they'd target some of our guys (Hank's wrist/hand, Burr).

My admiration for the man is through the roof.

And this win was sweet.

Ran out of +'s 1915, or I'd send one your way...

Gotcha covered.

We've got one hell of a coach, I love that fire. After standing up for the boys the way he did tonight, they'd follow him through hell.

We could end up looking back a while later and this could be one of those games where the guys band together as a team and take it to another level as a team.

Takes one to know one...

Sorry...the Canucks have been gooning it up as well.

#takestwototango

It's just as bad as we should have beat them 9-1. Instead, we barely beat them - which means we are basically the same as the Flames.

I don't know about you, but being the same as the Flames was not my expectation for this year.

1st the Flames put out the goon line to start in order to start a line brawl that was made clear

2nd the Canucks have been playing tough against teams that have been taking liberties with them like the Kings

3rd this isn't twitter

4th check the standings Canucks 7th 59 points Flames 13th 39 points big difference

5th on any given night any team can't beat any other team looking at the standings and thinking oh should be 10-0 is a big mistake this board makes every single game ( also had several plays kicked out opening faceoff and players playing injured)

gotta love pj using air time to try to embarrass our team, and go for round 2 when the game was over. like, no one pulled him over to shut his mouth. i loved it though. that was a statement game. kinda sucks we barely beat the flames but didn't surprise me with a short bench and a half-injured team

And that would matter how? It would keep the NHL with their false image of purity and of being untainted. A press conference will still get him in hot water....but it doesn't draw any negative attention to the league. This league's been a gong show for awhile...time to call attention to that and if it takes a Jerry Springer episode, so be it.

it would get him in hot water deb .. yes , your right .. but it wouldn't get him suspended ... I would probably do the same thing too .. I just wonder if it actually changes anything ..

Archived