The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Suspended 6 Games

Strombone1

How much does Torts make? I'm sure it's not as much as most players. He didn't actually hurt anyone, with no clear intention of that, yet he gets a stiffer penalty than some players, who make millions more, when they go out and try to end careers or put others on long term visit to the press box.

I believe he makes about $2M a year.

When are the Canucks going to be done with the show? Tortella's not the first to try and stir it up. "The Sedin's are..."

It does not matter that the other guy put their toughies on the first line. It doesn't even matter to the Canucks.

This team will not win the cup in any manner or form in any time in your near future. There have been too many mistakes over the past years and little action to resolve them. The Twins, while great, are still only a solid second line as it stands and that will diminish. Their goals during regular season mean something during regular season but nothing if they cannot produce in the playoffs, and worst of all if they cannot help their team produce what's required in the playoffs.

Of course it takes support personnel on every level, from the top of the organization down to the people on the ice. The continous fairy tale belief that Vancouver seems to deserve a cup is mind-boggling, and this from someone who is a fan, well, kind of. I used to be a die hard fan as well and certainly not a bandwagoner.

Now I just want this team gone. As in, I have nothing of emotional or financial value invested in this Vancouver Canucks team any longer. What's worst is that I've known that for the past couple years. And the Canuck's organization keeps milking the fans.

Oh please quit your whining. You make it seem like we Canucks fans have endured the worst out of all 29 other teams.

Look at Flames, Oilers, Maple Leafs, Sabres, etc... Those teams have been way worst and their fans have passionately stuck by them through out their epic failures. Especially the Oilers and Maple Leafs.

You think the Canucks have got it worst? C'mon. I am sure hell to be luck as a Canucks fan even without a Cup for so long.

If you're done with the Canucks then good riddance. I better not see you on the bandwagon cheering for this team if they are in the SCF.

When are the Canucks going to be done with the show? Tortella's not the first to try and stir it up. "The Sedin's are..."

It does not matter that the other guy put their toughies on the first line. It doesn't even matter to the Canucks.

This team will not win the cup in any manner or form in any time in your near future. There have been too many mistakes over the past years and little action to resolve them. The Twins, while great, are still only a solid second line as it stands and that will diminish. Their goals during regular season mean something during regular season but nothing if they cannot produce in the playoffs, and worst of all if they cannot help their team produce what's required in the playoffs.

Of course it takes support personnel on every level, from the top of the organization down to the people on the ice. The continous fairy tale belief that Vancouver seems to deserve a cup is mind-boggling, and this from someone who is a fan, well, kind of. I used to be a die hard fan as well and certainly not a bandwagoner.

Now I just want this team gone. As in, I have nothing of emotional or financial value invested in this Vancouver Canucks team any longer. What's worst is that I've known that for the past couple years. And the Canuck's organization keeps milking the fans.

Wow....I'm so sorry that you had to put up with this pathetic of a team, and that you had to go through so much trouble to come all the way to the canucks forum to tell us how you have no more feelings/money invested into this team. I feel for you, I really do.

Now us fans are very sad to see you go, goodbye now smiley-signs020.gif

You say this, but the league is probably looking at our club saying, "is there another club that has caused this league the bad press or embarassment Vancouver has over the last 30 years?".

The flying elbow from Bure to McRae's head.

The court case where two owners claimed the club was sold to them.

Bertuzzi / Moore.

Burrows biting incident.

The current Torts episode.

Multiple Stanley Cup Riots.

I know we look in the mirror and think we're golden and the whole world is against us, but can you name a franchise that has a worse history for incidents over the same time frame?

Since '86 Montreal fans have rioted FOUR times (86, 93, 08 & 11) after WINNING series. Their first riot was in '55 when Richard was suspended for the season.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Colin Campbell calls Totorella's attempt to get to Flames locker room "both dangerous and an embarrassment to the league", "Mr. Tortorella failed in his responsibility to the game."

Gumball says: "Colin Campbell is both a danger and an embarrassment to the league, Mr. Campbell failed in his responsibility to the game."

isn't a bandwagon fan by definition a person that's a fan when things are good, and then not a fan when things are bad? It sure sound like you're a bandwagon fan.

At least we'll always have your 37 posts to look back on.

While I appreciate Torts passion and dedication to the team, with standing up for the team and all, and agree that what the Flames coach did was stupid, what Torts did was way out of line. Pushing his way into the Calgary dressing room while screaming and raging like a madman? WTF? That is plain stupid and inexcusable. This guy needs serious help with his anger problem.

Torts for Jack Adams!

Even if that was funny, that's pretty far away at this point :lol:

With how suspensions are handed out at this time, the outcome doesn't surprise me. Depending on how you look at it, it seem both fair and unfair. In real life it wouldn't be even a fine if you did that during your day at the office. Emotions boil over during different altercations and once cooler heads prevail, things get settled.

But what's done is done. We need to work through this and leave this episode behind us.

Even if that was funny, that's pretty far away at this point :lol:

With how suspensions are handed out at this time, the outcome doesn't surprise me. Depending on how you look at it, it seem both fair and unfair. In real life it wouldn't be even a fine if you did that during your day at the office. Emotions boil over during different altercations and once cooler heads prevail, things get settled.

But what's done is done. We need to work through this and leave this episode behind us.

Of course the odds are if that happens in your office it isn't on camera and then broadcast across North America.

Finally someone that is as realistic as I am.

Haven't spent a dollar since 2006.

Love Torts! Glad it was only 6 games. Can't wait to have him back behind the bench. Torts might have pushed the envelope a bit with the hallway/dressing room thing, but his intentions were honorable and the players love that he sticks up for them and has their collective backs. Hartley on the other hand is a total sack of lying crap and should have received a lot more than a $25,000.00 fine for being the instigator in all of this.

:)

Is this just pretty much a "they can't win so I don't care about them anymore" post?

If so...good riddance. bye.

Take Manatee with you. You guys can sniff each others farts and pat yourselves on the back to how realistic you are. Or fap I don't care.

And Manatee if you think they aren't getting money from you; think again. You want to prove a point you had better stop posting because if you haven't noticed this site has ads. Those ads are driven by traffic and you are creating traffic.

Wow, with all this excitement, there's no way we can lose to Edmonton next game, right? I mean torts fired us up. It should be a blow out. I predict an Edmonton win, or a Canuck win in OT.

So you predict that one of the two teams playing tonight is going to win.

Bold prediction genius.

I think the suspension to Torts and the fine to Hartley were both appropriate. And when it involves "punishing" Vancouver, I typically feel we get the short end of the stick.

The fact is that Torts should never have taken it that far. Bark at the bench all you want and do what you need to do - but that was just plain out of line and the league is really coming down on actions that are out of line; Torts had to have expected a suspension for those kinds of actions.

The fine for Hartley is a tough one. I think we all know why he put his 4th line out there - despite his claim that they were his best line recently. There is nothing in the rules which state you can't put your 4th line on the ice to start a game, so that is what has the Calgary fans up in arms. Luckily, the league saw through that... but at the end of the day, that's all that has been proven that he did... start his 4th line. As such, I feel the 25g fine is appropriate. Anything more and you start to send a message that it is not ok to play inside the rules of the game.

I am interested to see how our team rallies around this. It is a huge loss not having our coach OR captain on the ice - so I really hope the actions of Torts fires up the team and gets them on the right track.

...and at least we play Edmonton tonight. We really should be able to beat them with our entire top line out - let alone just our captain and coach.

Archived