The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emergency Call up rule - Call up Horvat

CanucksCaptain

You have to exhaust all call up options from the farm team before you can do an emergency junior call up. In other words, if your farm team would be left short of a full roster, you can call a player up from junior. If players from the farm team are available you can't call up a player from junior.

You have to exhaust all call up options from the farm team before you can do an emergency junior call up. In other words, if your farm team would be left short of a full roster, you can call a player up from junior. If players from the farm team are available you can't call up a player from junior.

Or, more simply put (since the OP doesn't like to read) if we're short a player on the minimum roster and calling up a player from the farm would leave them short of the minimum roster, only then could we call up a junior prospect.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Wow thanks, but I wasn't planning on working as a NHL referee as my profession

Well you should rethink that, the league needs you! :P

I don't think reading the rule book is required to be an NHL official anyway.

Not at all. All you have to do is prove you are a true California team supporter or boston or Pittsburgh fan.

Also you have to prove hatred for vancouver and often hand out 7 minute 5 on 3s vs the canucks.

That's all.

Seems legit.

Archived