The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

If the Canucks plan to move Kes to RW with the Sedins, getting ROR might actually work. I'm not sure if he'd be worth the asking price and his salary, but he has been a solid point producing (if not particularly spectacular) two-way center since entering the league. I know he's not the main center on his line but he does seem to take many of the faceoffs when shorthanded which implies that he's entrusted with many of the most dangerous defensive situations. I might be wrong on that. I'm not familiar with ROR but I hope he's a center that has vision and ability to set up linemates.

Sedin Sedin Kes

Burr ROR Kass

Higgins 3C 3RW

Sestito Richardson 4RW

3C could be filled by Horvat, Gaunce, Schroeder or Dalpe next season. Santorelli is also a possibility.

3RW could be filled by Hansen (if he's not traded), Dalpe or even Santorelli if he is re-signed.

4RW would most likely be filled by Weise or Hansen (but he'd be an expensive 4th liner at $2.5M). Could also be filled by a FA acquisition.

The Canucks could have several natural centers playing out of position which will give them flexibility.

The question is what in the world happens on D if the Canucks trade a Dman for ROR.

Are you hard of hearing? Gillis already said that Tortorella was the reset.

Exactly time for a TRUE reset. Not a fake one by just changing the coach.

Did he really think he could fool the fans and make them and the players believe all the problems would be fixed by just changing the coach?

This teams' problems go way deeper than a coach. You can't teach players to score. The Canucks simply have too many grinders and not enough skill guys who can create for themselves.

Even the Sedins rely on each other. Daniel is useless without Henrik.

When your best 1-on-1 skill player is Mike Santorelli that is not a good sign.

I say Sedins, Kesler, Bieksa, Hamhius, Higgins, and Luongo (like he's getting traded) are the only ones that should be untouchable from the core.

IMO there is no point in trading anyone. This team will not only make the playoffs but will win the stanley cup. You can quote me on that, and I'd be willing to bet money on it.

Unless they trade the core for prospects and picks?

Holy crap. Yeah, we're rebuilding.

Get rid of Gillis. He can't build a team. Nothing against the guy as a person but we need a different GM to step up to the plate.

Yeah he couldn't build a team that reaches the stanley cup game seven if his job depended on it...

what is that? I am hearing the Canucks under Mike Gillis reached game 7 of the Stanley cup final.

Yeah he couldn't build a team that reaches the stanley cup game seven if his job depended on it...

what is that? I am hearing the Canucks under Mike Gillis reached game 7 of the Stanley cup final.

yeah, and the whole core that got him there, including the sedins, kesler, burrows, hansen, raymond, bieksa, edler, salo, luongo, schneider and even coach v, were all his acquisitions, too.

yeah, and the whole core that got him there, including the sedins, kesler, burrows, hansen, raymond, bieksa, edler, salo, luongo, schneider and even coach v, were all his acquisitions, too.

So basically what your saying is that unless he can replace a core that took a long time to develop with a whole new core that can make it to game 7 of the finals you are never going to give him positive credit for anything?

is your solution then for him to trade the entire core now or are you actually realistic and realize that for the team to be completely his and to make it to the SCF is a long process that doesnt happen overnight

Archived