The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Another Loss

Ryan kesler the beast

lol other than our 3 cup runs, the 2nd round is as far as we get.

Of course we want more, of course we want to draft and develop players, but if we hold onto rapidly declining players too long, more is not what we will get.

Why? Other teams are able to win with vets.

Linden gave his heart and soul to this team, played his entire on a Canuck hometown discount, and is regarded the best Canuck ever.

How was it shameful? Really?

Again, Keenan ruined this team. He didn't make it better. Only using hindsight does that trade pan out for us, however the WCE didn't do anything in the playoffs but win one round, so what are we referring to?

I think more fans need to realize what it takes for great franchises to be great. A great franchise would NEVER trade Linden. It was the most shameful thing the Canucks ever did. At least Burke realized that and got him back for us.

What we need to do, again, is to start drafting and developing the players required to help our core guys out. This is what great franchises do.

By that same logic,You could ask what linden has done??

im not crapting on linden. He's one of my favorite players ever..

but I detach emotions when It comes to improving this team..

The benefit of losing linden for 3 ineffective years~ of his career were absolutely MASSIVE and undeniable.

keeping on to players because of emotional attachments Is the best way to turn into Calgary..

this game is about performance. period.

how exactly was the linden trade shameful besides emotional/sentimental reasons...

Linden was traded right before his decline, And got us a massive return that we still reap the benefits of till this day..

emotional canuck fans need to get over themselves and their obsessions with certain players that goes against any factual logic.

I'm a fan of Linden the man and Linden the player, but it's impossible not to acknowledge that Keenan made a great trade. As young as Trevor was at that time (27), he was already declining as a player. The fact the Islanders, Montreal and Washington all dealt him away in a fairly brief time supports that stand.

By that same logic,You could ask what linden has done??

im not crapting on linden. He's one of my favorite players ever..

but I detach emotions when It comes to improving this team..

The benefit of losing linden for 3 ineffective years~ of his career were absolutely MASSIVE and undeniable.

keeping on to players because of emotional attachments Is the best way to turn into Calgary..

this game is about performance. period.

My sentiments exactly.

lol other than our 3 cup runs, the 2nd round is as far as we get.

Of course we want more, of course we want to draft and develop players, but if we hold onto rapidly declining players too long, more is not what we will get.

Actually that's what makes Wally Buono so good...he doesn't get emotionally or personally "attached" and makes those tough decisions. He let go of Geroy and this year it's Banks. Some of the best, but at the twilight of their careers and he does get rid of them when they have value and can bring him a return, rather than letting them run completely out of gas on the side of the road.

(The flipside of that? LOL...we didn't do much and the Riders won the cup, with Geroy having a pretty significant hand in the big game. Hmmm)

I hate those decisions, but respect those who make them for the betterment of the team. Not easy moves to make by any means, but sometimes have to be done.

I'd be horrible, because my thinking is "wait and see" and that they're just in slumps. But if this is just the current status quo, it becomes known and then no one else wants them either.

With that, I'd like to see what happens in playing out the duration after the break and then make assessments. So many injuries that may not give a clear picture. I'm not ready to give up on this group, however, I'm a homer fan and not the guys steering the ship. In knowing what's happening behind the scenes, what mindsets and dedication levels are there, they're best equipped to make those determinations.

Actually that's what makes Wally Buono so good...he doesn't get emotionally or personally "attached" and makes those tough decisions. He let go of Geroy and this year it's Banks. Some of the best, but at the twilight of their careers and he does get rid of them when they have value and can bring him a return, rather than letting them run completely out of gas on the side of the road.

I hate those decisions, but respect those who make them for the betterment of the team. Not easy moves to make by any means, but sometimes have to be done.

I'd be horrible, because my thinking is "wait and see" and that they're just in slumps. But if this is just the current status quo, it becomes known and then no one else wants them either.

With that, I'd like to see what happens in playing out the duration after the break and then make assessments. So many injuries that may not give a clear picture.

So. Freakin. True.

Teams that have undying loyalty for players are the teams that fall behind.

Players are like sponges....you wring nearly all the water out of them for your benefit, but leave just enough to attract some other team to take them off your hands when the time comes. They may be used as pawns and barter, but they're very well-compensated for that potential indignity. It's part of the deal.

So. Freakin. True.

Teams that have undying loyalty for players are the teams that fall behind.

Well said.

When it works like Detroit yes sure stay the course. If it starts to crumble you better make moves and make them fast.

Its painfully obvious were at that time. If Gillis can't/won't make these moves then bring in someone who can.

I can't believe I am saying this but I am not really too interested in watching the Canucks anymore. I have watched every game faithfully for the past 30+ years. This team is so mentally fragile it has affected almost every player on the team. What's the problem? Leadership! Since they were pushed around in the cup final in 2011, they have slowly been deteriating to the point they are now. Has there been a true Captain since Linden? This team has talent but when you have no confidence your production goes way down. Gillis, please give us a new leader NOW!

Just think what Calgary could have got for Iginla if they had traded him 3 years earlier while he had years left on his contract? Instead, the hung on like GiIlis is) to an aging star and while he cold still lay,wasn't od enough to offset the teams decline and in the end got them very little.

yes. age discrimination is the answer.

lol on another note, I left for Jamaica last Saturday and returned last night. the last gamei watched was against wpg. looks like I didnt miss much haha. oh well. nick Ritchie here we come. or tuuuuuuuuch

I just got back from Ocho Rios a few days ago as well.... kinda wishing I stayed down there .

No speed, no skill, no heart.

No point wasting 2-3 hours watching unless they make serious changes.

Go Columbus Go.

This just about sums it up. I haven't watched too many games this year,

The truth be told, this team can't be fixed. The team as a whole has no desire, and no one player is going to change this. We need to start rebuilding, yes, rebuilding with smart trades and drafts. Example, trade Ryan Kesler to Columbus for Ryan Johansen... a great deal for the begining of a new era for the Canucks. Obviously a deal like this wont happen, but just an example, we have to start now before we fall in the same loop that Calgary and Toronto fell in.

It's frustrating, the talent is there... wait, it used to be there.... sigh...

Archived