The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Canucks offseason; Caboose style

Caboose

Amnesty Roberto Luongo and waive David Booth (some cap floor team will likely claim him)

BEFORE YOU STOP READING PLEASE LISTEN

Luongo is an elite goalie yes, but its proven that there is no trade market for anchor contracts like that. This move benefits the Canucks long term because even if you somehow move Luongo, you're still screwed with the cap recapture down the road. (this is my understanding of the rule)

This leaves the Canucks with 19.5 million dollars in cap space this summer.

Now, for trades.

To TOR

Ryan Stanton

To VAN

James Reimer

The Canucks role into 14-15 with a Reimer/Lack Tandem.

Sign Reimer to a 2 million dollar qualifying offer. (110% of previous contract)

To NYI

Alex Edler

To VAN

Matt Martin

Michael Grabner

NYI 2014 2nd

Gets the Canucks a top 6 scorer, a tough as nails 4th liner, and a relatively high pick.

To NYR

Jannik Hansen

To VAN

NYR 2014 2nd

NYR 2015 2nd

Canucks get some picks to shore up the prospect pool, Vigneault gets his favourite player.

Re-signings:

Zack Kassian 1.2 x 1 year

Chris Tanev 3.5 x 4 years

Zac Dalpe .750 x 2 years

Jordan Schroeder .9 x 2 years

UFA Signings

Tomas Vanek 8 x 7 years

Matt Niskanen 5 x 5 years

Lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Vanek

Grabner - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Sestito - Richardson - Martin

Dalpe - Schroeder

Niskanen - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Corrado

Reimer A

Lack B

3.3 million in cap space

Flame pls.

Rather Stanton over Reimer Nonis has to trade him anyway so probably get similar to what paid to get Bernier

That NYI trade...Why do we want Grabner back?

And AV gets his fav player back but we still have Burrows?

O and cant amnesty buyout Lu and Booth its one or the other

Very interesting proposal.

I think it would take slightly more than just Stanton to acquire Reimer. Not much but maybe a 2nd round pick.

Niskanen will probably be looking for a 7 year deal as well.

Not the direction I would take the Canucks in but that looks like an improved team. Does it really turn them into a competitor though? Probably a 1st round playoff team continuing to draft in the early 20's in my opinion.

I'M SO DUMB

WTH IS WRONG WITH ME

pls lock.

Other than that WOAT first sentence I like the majority of the proposals. Don't think the Nucks need Reimer. A veteran backup would be great since Lack is better than Riemer. Also even if the Nucks offer Vanek 8 million I strongly doubt he'll come here. He's going to Minny one way or another.

Stanton was a waiver pickup so I'm pretty sure he can't be traded this season unless he's put on waivers first and clears.

Others will disagree but I don't thing Edler and his -23 will get you that high a return. )assuming He'd waive to go to the Islanders, which I seriously doubt he would)

I also don't think Hanson will get you 2 2nd round picks. ! maybe, not 2

That Vanek contract is worse than Luongo's contract.

We better get more than Edler or I'm keeping him, a 2nd round pick which can become anything, Grabner, a soft, speedy top 6 winger that won't survive in the tough Pacific division and a 4th liner which we have enough of.

I want a prospect plus the pick from NYI, if we aren't getting that then no deal. I don't want those guys you suggested either, we have enough 4th liners and a softies.

I also feel that our prospect pool is still weak even though we have alot of picks they are 2nd round picks.

Keep Booth, he is clearly better than half our team right now so a demotion wouldn't be bright.

The Hansen deal is decent.

The Edler is deal is terrible IMO (Grabner has been a healthy scratch, the rest doesn't do anything for us really) I would rather just keep him than sign Niskanen.

And that Vanek deal is kinda bad cause of length, but its unlikely he comes here & even if he has some interest in signing here I don't think we should make those moves you proposed to bring him in aside from buying out Booth.

Archived