The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli future

ScotianLifestyle

Resigning Mike Santorelli  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's definitely going to be a bit of a logjam at center next season...I also believe Horvat will make the squad..Depending on how Schroeder pans out this season..throw another one into the mix...I like Santos's tenacity,but the fact the Canucks are looking to get younger could mean he's the odd guy out.

If there is anything we have seen from MG pickups is that he wants as many centres as possible. Most centres can play wing fairly easily, but it is tough to go the other way.

His injury probably makes it possible to sign him as his value will be way lower. Two year, one way deal at around a million dollars per so that if he blows, we can just waive him and send him to the farm without any real cap damage.

This guy was happy to get a 2 way deal not too long ago... I think a bit of security might be all that it takes. Worst case, you have an upgraded version of Ebbett who draws into the lineup as needed.

I am a big advocate of Santorelli. If anyone earned a contract extension, or the right to stay here and play for this organization, it is santorelli. In my honest opinion, he has been a top 5 player for us this year. To me he's like a mini Kesler. He does everything for the team that we ask of him and he does it well. He also provides the heart and soul for this team much like Kesler. Letting Santo go would be a big mistake. (of course, unless he demands a ridiculous contract.)

I honestly think that this fan base doesn't appreciate Santo enough. Dude was signed to play in utica or maybe get a few minutes. If he was able to play 3c, he would have already been a steal. Instead what did he do? He came in and outperformed every one of our forwards minus Kes and the Sedins (in my opinion.) It would be a crime not to offer him a longer contact in his hometown. Look at how we have done without him. He is much more valuable to this team than people give him credit for. I hope I haven't seen the last of him in penis Canucks uniform.

BRING SANTO BACK MG. BRING HIM BACK

Yeah I noticed theres not appreciation for santo in the fan base and I definitely agree with you, just make sure you read over your post before posting. (penis Canucks uniform???)

He is exactly the depth we need. Think about it, a 2nd line center when needed, a 3rd line center naturally and a depth guy to allow the growth of a prospect next season. I would expect to see Santo here for another discount contract for 2 years and depending on performance, he either cashes in on another team or he sticks around as depth into the twilight of his career. Vancouver boy, playing in his hometown, that has to be a dream come true for him.

Re-sign him.

No brainer.

Incredible fitness commitment will get him back to form.

2 x 1.35 / 2.7 million.

Can't have too many centers, particularly versatile ones who can anchor a line and win draws, or be an effective winger, and move up and down the lineup.

This.

The injury sucks, but at least it may prevent him from getting a big offer. The way he was going, he could probably have expected upwards of 2.5-3 per. In that case, we'd probably have to consider letting him go. But with him showing down and then getting hurt, he still should be very affordable, making it a no-brainer.

This is exactly what's wrong with this team. You can't just re-sign every player that plays decently or is a good role player. There are only so many roles. lf MG does his job properly there is no room for him as it stands right now.

I think there's room if Gillis does a good job and packaged Hansen+ for an impact player or pick. With the ability to play all forward positions is almost any scenario, he makes it easy to squeeze himself into a job. Especially if he's coming cheap. I don't think Bo or Gaunce will be on the team next year, and wouldn't be an upgrade as rookies if they were. We could use a stop gap. Guy does have a 25 goal season under his belt, if we want depth that can score, he's the guy to do it.

This is exactly what's wrong with this team. You can't just re-sign every player that plays decently or is a good role player. There are only so many roles. lf MG does his job properly there is no room for him as it stands right now.

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows

UFA/trade, Kesler, Kassian

Higgins, Santorelli, Horvat

Sestito, Richardson, Lain etc

Looks like room to me.

There's definitely going to be a bit of a logjam at center next season...I also believe Horvat will make the squad..Depending on how Schroeder pans out this season..throw another one into the mix...I like Santos's tenacity,but the fact the Canucks are looking to get younger could mean he's the odd guy out.

I want that logjam, logjam=depth.

Archived