The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli future

ScotianLifestyle

Resigning Mike Santorelli  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Santorelli was a bridge contract. We will probably have one or two of Horvat/Jensen/Gaunce/Shinkaruk on the team next year. This makes it so we don't need Santo anymore. Plus the fact that he got a terrible injury cerainly lowers his value. its too bad he didn't get a chance to show what he could do in the playoffs. I think he earned himself a decent contract somewhere though.

i hope we sign him...i like his energy....will be good on 3rd or 4th lines...along with richardson

he can move up or down as needed....hopefully horvat makes the team, but we can't rush these guys///

i like to put the best team together without them and hope they can displace someone

Huh? Unless I'm mistaken, the term 'bridge contract' is used for the contracts that come between a player's entry level deal and when he reaches unrestricted free agency. Santorelli was already UFA.

That makes sense.. though on this board people love to throw it around like candy regarding anyone being signed to the Canucks for a low-dollar, short-term deal. Bonus points if used towards a player who has earned a big-dollar, long-term deal and will most likely sign one with another club.

See also: Hometown Discount

Santorelli was a bridge contract. We will probably have one or two of Horvat/Jensen/Gaunce/Shinkaruk on the team next year. This makes it so we don't need Santo anymore. Plus the fact that he got a terrible injury cerainly lowers his value. its too bad he didn't get a chance to show what he could do in the playoffs. I think he earned himself a decent contract somewhere though.

I'd almost guarantee Horvat's on the team but that's no reason not to re-sign Santorelli at a reasonable cap hit. He can play W or C and play on the 2nd line in a pinch covering for injuries.

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows

UFA, Kesler, Kassian

Higgins, Santorelli, Horvat

Sestito, Richardson, Lain

Santorelli and Horvat can take turns taking draws on their strong sides.

could be our solid 4th line guy on this team if any of our young guys are ready to come up. could be a reliable 10-15 goal guy and he can go. don't need a 4th line full of big guys and bruisers, but santo's skilled enough and smart enough to know his role and can be moved up if need be. i wouldn't mind re-signing him if there's nothing major dun over the summer

I voted no but this will be MG's big splash in the UFA next year. New look Canucks in 2014-2015

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Santo

Kassian Richardson Hansen

Sestito Dalpe Gionta

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Luongo

Lack

I voted no but this will be MG's big splash in the UFA next year. New look Canucks in 2014-2015

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Santo

Kassian Richardson Hansen

Sestito Dalpe Gionta

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Stanton Tanev

Luongo

Lack

This can't be the lineup next season. Either gillis fixes his mess or he's gone imo

Santorelli is our version of Bolland, just played more games before the injury. Santo makes Hansen expendable and is more versatile than Hansen because he can play C or W.

Santo should be re-signed to play wing or C on our 3rd line. We can probably sign him for cheaper considering his injury and that he's from Vancouver.

Santo makes Hansen expendable and is more versatile than Hansen because he can play C or W.

Santo should be re-signed to play wing or C on our 3rd line. We can probably sign him for cheaper considering his injury and that he's from Vancouver.

Yup and yup.

There's definitely going to be a bit of a logjam at center next season...I also believe Horvat will make the squad..Depending on how Schroeder pans out this season..throw another one into the mix...I like Santos's tenacity,but the fact the Canucks are looking to get younger could mean he's the odd guy out.

Liked this kid, a lot. Hanzal's got some bad karma on his baggage-conveyor.

He represents/serves as a bridge from our elite-status team, to a younger, emerging group. Until our kids come 'round, this guy could be useful(up & down the lineup), as a local boy in a Hansen-type role.

For a 1.5-2 mill, 2 or 3 yr signing, we can't go wrong here.

Archived