The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seems like a project player. Doesn't use his size effectively, and I don't see his offensive upside as anything too high. He's doesn't seem to be a high skill guy, he's just got a good shot and speed, isn't an offensive dynamo like Ehlers/Nylander/Kapanen/MDC/exc.

He was streaky this year, and he seems like a perimeter player who just likes to shoot from the outside rather than taking the puck to the net and using his size.

He plays a solid two-way game, just not a ton of upside IMO. Beniot Pouliot type player. We need to get a guy with his upside here.

You could say that to just about any player in the draft aside from the top three (Reinhart, Ekblad, and Bennett). Consistently should be a concern for him since he plays on a weak Niagara team. I don't really see that much of a difference between Dal Colle and Perlini, expect for one plays on a stacked Oshawa team, while the other plays on a terrible Niagara team. If Perlini played a full season, he would have scored over 40 goals, 80+ points, and would probably be ranked in the top 5.

You shouldn't put too much on being a perimeter player. I mean if you are able to score 30 goals, then who cares where you score your goals from.

Jeff Carter, Patrick Marleau, Jeff Skinner, and Max Pacioretty, all are considered comparable to Perlini.

Archived