The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do like Fabbri, he looks like high end center, and I think we should trade with anaheim to get Theadore, the 10th pick and a 3rd good asset like Etem or the 27th pick

If

6th - virtanen

10th- fabbri

27th - demko

theadore

that is quite the haul and our future forward group will have more depth than wer have ever had before, we can then turn our attention to building our d corps

Shinkerurk Horvat Kassian

Virtanen Fabbri Jensen

Gaunce Cassels Fox

Tanev

Stanton

Corrado

Theadore

Hutton

Lack

Markstrom

Ericcsson

Cannata

Demko

That future is a stud d man away from being a cup contender in 5 years

We should go for Fabbri, as you look at past drafts sometimes the top 5, 6 etc means nothing. Look at the 2006 draft for example how Erik Johnson was ranked #1 and Toews 3rd? Central rankings sometimes mean nothing but nothing

North American

1 United States Erik Johnson (defense)

2 Canada Jordan Staal (centre)

3 Canada Jonathan Toews (centre)

4 Canada Derick Brassard (centre)

5 United States Phil Kessel (C/RW)

6 United States Peter Mueller (centre)

7 Canada Bryan Little (centre)

8 Canada Chris Stewart (right wing)

9 Canada James Sheppard (C/LW)

10 Canada Cory Emmerton (LW/C)

It's not like Johnson isn't a #1 defenseman.

Plum, Chicago also have a Selke winning defensive center, Toews. Hossa himself has been nominated for the Selke. Well, at least we have, for the moment, a Selke calibre 2knd line center.

Seabrook is an all star stud two way D man at near 230 lbs. They're not shabby defensively. Contributing to their offense, Keith is Norris trophy winning PMD who is absolutely triggers their transition game and is as significant to their PP and offense as the forwards you quoted.

They have lot's of pieces we do not even on D. So it's not as simple as making sure we get a center. We need to grab any one of an offensive play making center, PMD or stud D man if its available. Not to mention a top line winger.

TO ALL EHLERS FANS !!!

Everyone compares him to Drouin..... Does everyone forget the world juniors or something ?

Droiun should have lead the team to gold being a second overall pick and highly touted prospect

He was a snivvely little brat who took bad penalties and tried to dance the team. Where did his skill and finesse get him?

Why do we want a player like that.?

I personally think we will make a move to move up in the draft or a top 5 will drop to us

All this EHLERS,virtanen, nylander, kapanen talk is ridiculous

An interesting perspective would be to ask a player like Horvat what he thinks seeing as he's played against most of them

I cant believe what a comprehensive critique this was. I have changed my mind. This powerful Jedi mind trick has made me a believer.

I now want ...............um who is it you want to draft ? Someone in the top 5 for sure ! .

I do like Fabbri, he looks like high end center, and I think we should trade with anaheim to get Theadore, the 10th pick and a 3rd good asset like Etem or the 27th pick

6th - virtanen

10th- fabbri

27th - demko

theadore

that is quite the haul and our future forward group will have more depth than wer have ever had before, we can then turn our attention to building our d corps

Whom do you want to trade to get said assets? If you mean Kesler then on HF boards there is a huge 'auction' going on and the Duck fans are generally settling for Etem plus 10th OA plus middle prospect.

Pens fans are offering up Pouliot , 2014 1st plus some middle prospect. I like the Ducks deal better.

Oh. I read the title of the thread as otherwise, but if Fabbri needs to be discussed regardless, okily-dokily.

What about Sonny Milano? Alex Tuch? They're better prospects than Fabbri imho. I'd even pick Tuch over Ritchie, but was called dumb because of that. Tuch is a similar player without the injury history though.

I like Tuch over Ritchie as well. Tuch is Raw but has much more potentialll. Ritchie is what he is, a monster with a good shot and okay skating. I'm not sure he's going to thrive in the NHL playing his style against guys as big as him. But people with more knowledge than me think he will, so who knows..

My picks @ 6: Obviously if someone falls we take them, otherwise I like Nylander, Ehlers, Virtanen in that order.

Drop back picks: Fluery, Tuch, Fiala, Barbashev

I cant believe what a comprehensive critique this was. I have changed my mind. This powerful Jedi mind trick has made me a believer.

I now want ...............um who is it you want to draft ? Someone in the top 5 for sure ! .

It's not who I want,but who I think we will get and the answer to that is .......

Dal Colle

There's a big difference between facing actual reality and letting your big ego get in the way of it.

Fabbri going past 20th is just obscene...

Really? CSS has him as the 21st NA skater. So... He indeed may be outside 20 in reality.

Let us be a bit more balanced and consider the other prospects before making grand statements.

I like Tuch over Ritchie as well. Tuch is Raw but has much more potentialll. Ritchie is what he is, a monster with a good shot and okay skating. I'm not sure he's going to thrive in the NHL playing his style against guys as big as him. But people with more knowledge than me think he will, so who knows..

My picks @ 6: Obviously if someone falls we take them, otherwise I like Nylander, Ehlers, Virtanen in that order.

Drop back picks: Fluery, Tuch, Fiala, Barbashev

Tuch or Fleury are my fallbacks if Reinhart, Ekblad, Dal Colle, Bennett, Virtanen and Draisaitl are taken.

There's a big difference between facing actual reality and letting your big ego get in the way of it.

Fabbri going past 20th is just obscene...

I think his playoff performance has shot him to the low teens I like him as a shifty playmaking center. His stock has risen !!!

Ritchie gets so much attention because of his points, Connor Chatham, Nick Magyar, Hunter Smith can all play the same game as Ritchie.

All 4 of these players can play the physical, playmaking, hockey sense, and offensive skill game. The difference is that Nick Ritchie gets the goals, he gets the fame for it.

Chatham is a hard hitter, can score in close and can be a power winger. He looked like 2 different players this season, he could be the physical dominator who can always get a few big hits in every game and be hard on the forecheck. Sometimes he could have looked like a speedy, skilled, power/strong, right winger with very nice hands. He has the size to be both, being 6'3 and 225 pounds if you can combine both of those skills you have a very, very nice player on your hands. He just couldn't find the back of the net but when he reaches the AHL he can forget about the bad puck luck and start fresh trying to become a excellent hockey player. Even being drafted can give him a ton of confidence and become an extremely talented player.

Magyar is the type of grinder/playmaker you need come playoff time, he can cycle it like a pro in the offensive zone and create chances by forcing it to the net and creating havoc. That doesn't mean he can't pass the puck or shoot, he can do that very well. He has raw talent, he has the whole tools, size (6'2 192 pounds), speed.

Magyar's strengths are: Strong player in the offensive zone, cycling, on the boards, puck battles he is strong in that position. He does the dirty work for his team and set up his teammates with very nice scoring opportunities with his offensive skill and knows how to finish chances in close spots by the hashmarks, front of the net, etc. He is a complete player.

The difference between these 2 players is that Magyar isn't as physical and never as been, Magyar is the more offensive player with his IQ and puck skills, he has much more potential has the better player in the NHL. Chatham is the more physical, checker who can become a very physical, intimidating player in the NHL as a 3rd/4th liner.

Magyar could be more physical too

I do like Magyar in the third. If he's somehow around in the 4th he would be a steal.

I can see Catham being a solid bottom 6 pick, but we also have a lot of those right now, better to go for the high risk in this draft, skill speed combo, that is maybe lacking D or size for the 3rd fourth rounds.

It's going to be interesting to see who's available at 36. I'm really hoping their is a high skill player available that drops.

Archived