The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

Sub Edler for Juice and I'd do it.

Agreement is key. Philly's always competitive, & acquiring Kes plays as an image-reversal of dealing away them 'other' 2003-draft stars. He'd be an American stud down there. KB3 is good buds with him, & fits Philly's image to a T. Both would be media/team favs.. But this deal knocks a lotta' months off our team's avg age. Makes us bigger, & maybe a little grittier. Kes' body won't hold up forever.

On Edler, would prefer to deal him seperately(again, if he's willing)...A little bidding-war between Ott, Pitt, Det & TBay would be idyllic.

That Kesler asks to be traded?

I can honestly see that. I found it kinda wierd in an interview earlier this season Gillis briefly mentioned NTC's not being an issue if a player comes to them asking that he may want a change.

As much as I love Kesler, I wouldn't be surprised if he came to Gillis and said, if it looked like the Canucks were gunna miss the playoffs and do a retool that may take a year or two. That he'd like a change.

The only way Luongo goes to another team is if he fails to show up to training camp next season so that we'd have an excuse to "terminate" his contract and then he goes and signs somewhere else on a 3 year deal or something. Would probably be best for both sides

or if he asks for a trade

This concerns me if this were somehow true.

Given the corner Gillis has painted himself into with respect to not approaching players with NTC's, the only valuable assets we have available to trade are the exact players we need to retool around in Kassian, Tanev, and Horvat.

Gillis trading youth and picks to try to keep the dream alive for another couple of years is my biggest fear.

If that happens ill call for his head... and I dont think Gillis is that bad right now.

Lu did already ask for a trade and I'm sorry I'm not interested in him taking that back.

I don't believe Lu really wants to be here anyway and now that the Olympics are done for him???

He has a clause that begins in the 2014-15 season that if he wants to be traded then we have no option but to move him to another team. In reality our future is in Luongo's hands, if he wants to leave a rebuild is likely, and if he wants to stay we get to watch a core struggle until they all want out.

He has a clause that begins in the 2014-15 season that if he wants to be traded then we have no option but to move him to another team. In reality our future is in Luongo's hands, if he wants to leave a rebuild is likely, and if he wants to stay we get to watch a core struggle until they all want out.

I'm not sure where you get that.

All he can do is request a trade in that clause. It's still management's prerogative whether to trade him or not.

The organization would do their best to accommodate him, mainly for optic's sake.

We've been trying to trade him for two years so that clause is moot.

Regardless of what Lui wants, and I do believe he wants out, he's not going anywhere for a while given nobody has wanted to take on that contract .

We've been trying to trade him for two years so that clause is moot.

Regardless of what Lui wants, and I do believe he wants out, he's not going anywhere for a while given nobody has wanted to take on that contract so.

While I do agree I think Florida now being able to spend to the cap changes things. Markstrom isn't close to ready or the goalie they thought and Florida is looking for help in that position. I don't think the Canucks are gonna get much back but if they want to rid themselves of the contract I'm betting Florida would now be interested.

I think Edler + 2nd round pick to Col for ROR is the best option for the canucks. Then sign ROR to a 6 year 6 million dollar contract. Now this makes Kesler expandable to a team like Philly for Simmonds, Coutiurer

Why does Colorado? Their wing depth is weak as it stands now so why move 1 of their better wingers/pk player?

Garrison cuz hes on the 3rd pairing, and playing on the wrong side.. too rich for that role.. might as well keep stanton there.. take away garrisons shot, and hes an average dman

hamhuis cuz we can get an overpayment for him

bieksa because of his age and value

The base of the deal will likely be a dman for a forward.. Since we'd think Edler is the obvious one out, I say he stays cuz of age and one of those 3 go.. this is assuming doug mclean isnt full of crap

although i think trading kesler would be a huge mistake considering we need to add a centre and not drop one, i do find it sketchy that MG didnt include his name with the sedins as the untouchables

Kesler + Hansen + Jensen + 2nd for Couturier + Voracek

Jensen has no room on the team as a RW if we have Voracek, Kassian, and Higgins/Burrows

Jensen will get a call-up really soon.. itd be foolish to deal a great young player without seeing what hes capable of doing.. he's the hottest player in the AHL right now.. and his 6 PP goals these past cpl months would really help.. itd be like trading grabner again

Jensen will get a call-up really soon.. itd be foolish to deal a great young player without seeing what hes capable of doing.. he's the hottest player in the AHL right now.. and his 6 PP goals these past cpl months would really help.. itd be like trading grabner again

I agree. Jensen gas been lighting it up in the AHL and he's doing it without a good centremen.

IMO Canucks should go after Turris.

Edler and a 2nd for Turris

Ottawa has a some really good young centers and their D are one of their biggest weaknesses. Edler and Karlsson have shown good chemistry in the Olympics being Sweden's top pair.

I agree. Jensen gas been lighting it up in the AHL and he's doing it without a good centremen.

IMO Canucks should go after Turris.

Edler and a 2nd for Turris

Ottawa has a some really good young centers and their D are one of their biggest weaknesses. Edler and Karlsson have shown good chemistry in the Olympics being Sweden's top pair.

Im not sending them a 2nd and feel they should add a mid prospect but other then that that's something I see as possible but unlikely due to Ottawa's position at center

Archived