The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANADA VS SWEDEN GOLD MEDAL GAME

goalie13

Edler has been playing very good both in the Olympics and leading up to them with some points ya some bad bounces leading to goals against but he has been very good especially the last couple of games

i agree, he's been great lately. I was just joshing around.

Based on what? Luongo was the better goalie in round robin and has olympic experience

I would have gone with Price in this tournament as well.

You go with the goaltender who is better in the present imo - it's not a patronage appointment or a job that is Luo's to lose.

2010 was 4 years ago - and doesn't really matter at this point. Luo won a gold. Good for him.

Price is having a better season - and is probably the better goaltender at this point.

Can't blame Babs or the Canadian management - Carey probably deserves a slight edge.

There's no shame in being #2 on Team Canada (or the Canucks for that matter).

Both got 0 minutes of ice this morning.

If Lui was to play I would be 1000000% behind him and canada. But that's not the case.

My favourite player is getting benched. I'm a huge Danny and eddy fan so it's simple for me. Either way it's a win win situation for me as a Canucks fan.

You would cheer against your own country because your favourite player isn't playing? You sound like a 13 year old girl.

I hope Keith scores the game-winner, just to piss you off.

Any reason Ekman-Larsson was dropped to the 7th defenceman?

Also Daniel Sedin has more points than any of Canada's forwards. Go figure.

Last 2 gold medal winners playing for gold, should be a good one.

Either way 2 Canucks will win gold tomorrow, but since Daniel and Edler have bigger roles on their team, Go Sweden!

Either way 2 Canucks will win gold tomorrow, but since Daniel and Edler have bigger roles on their team, Go Sweden!

I guess pigs can fly.

Edler's suspension ended

Apparently the Swedes form a much greater estimation of the players that grace the Canucks organization.

Edler was paired with Karlsson while Daniel was essentially their General.

Yea I was impressed with their performances. Hopefully that continues when they get back to Vancouver.

I'm glad pairing Edler with Karlsson has worked well, though I certainly didn't think at the start of the tournament that those 2 would end up being their top pair.

Yea I was impressed with their performances. Hopefully that continues when they get back to Vancouver.

I'm glad pairing Edler with Karlsson has worked well, though I certainly didn't think at the start of the tournament that those 2 would end up being their top pair.

I wouldn't say they were their top pairing - Kronwall Ericsson were probably their top pairing - but trusting Edler with a freewheeler like Karlsson imo is telling.

Archived