The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANADA VS SWEDEN GOLD MEDAL GAME

goalie13

Price with the shutout. Hopefully he gets the shutout. Price really deserves the shutout.

Jokes aside I really hope Hamhuis gets to see some ice time. Either that or he knocks Keith out and avenges daniel at last.

Fired up for this game ! Hope it's not an Olympic snooze fest filled with trap.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I said it in the GDT. These two incompetents reffed the Canada/USA game. The Americans got one more PP than Canada and for just one speicific example of their ineptitude you can look at the Getzlaf high stick that didn't connect earning him a minor and then on the ensuing power play Pietrangelo was actually high-sticked and the refs missed it. So in summary. No they're not a very good pair of officials, but no they're not going to be pro-Canada.

It won't have an impact on the game, reffing has been fair but he has a point. Regardless there should be no Canadian or Swedish refs. In a big game like this, no doubt he is right and you avoid any bias and excuses that could arise.

Before anyone bashes him, I'm very confident based on a lot of comments during this Olympics, that if it were a Russia and Canada final, and there were 2 Russian refs doing the game, it would not sit well with Canadian's.

There is also a possibility of an inverse effect. Where the officials over-compensate and are too fair in the opposite direction. It happens often in judging (skating, boxing) where one judge is accused of being a homer, and subconsciously leans the other direction too far to prove he's fair.

Let's just hope this turns out (and probably will be) a non-story and we just have one hell of a game.

I think Forsberg has a legitimate beef here; you mean to tell me that there are NO other officials from "neutral" countries that could do the job rather than FOUR Canadians? A bit much sez I. If there are any controversial calls that appear to even slightly favour the Canadians there will be hell to pay...

It won't have an impact on the game, reffing has been fair but he has a point. Regardless there should be no Canadian or Swedish refs. In a big game like this, no doubt he is right and you avoid any bias and excuses that could arise.

Before anyone bashes him, I'm very confident based on a lot of comments during this Olympics, that if it were a Russia and Canada final, and there were 2 Russian refs doing the game, it would not sit well with Canadian's.

That's it ya know I completely understand where he is coming from...if was the opposite im sure Canadians would have a problem with it...Im sure the refs wont have a bias but cant flame the guy for speaking his mind when in the opposite we would the exact same

I know, isn't it great HV?.....these pictures really capture that. They're as in awe of this process as we are...pretty cool.

I'm watching a special on Toews right now...hard to keep the hate going for these guys when you see the behind the scenes stories with their families, etc.

^ awwww

It's funny how these guys are professionals who fly on private planes and sleep in 5 star hotels, but you see them taking in the Olympic experience and they're like kids in a candy store. They're just like everyone else - mesmerized by the experience!

During the 2010 Canada-Slovakia game when I was volunteering on the concourse I saw Shane O'Brien running towards the stairs to the 300-level and I yelled at him "Hey OB what happened, you couldn't score lower bowl tickets?" and his response was "No man, I get literally no hookups. It's bulls***!" Between that and all the major NHL faces I saw in the holding pens (Scotty Bowman, Dave Nonis, Craig McTavish all out in the pens with the rest of the crowds) before games made me realize how like you said as big as these guys are the Olympics are way bigger than them.

I know, isn't it great HV?.....these pictures really capture that. They're as in awe of this process as we are...pretty cool.

I'm watching a special on Toews right now...hard to keep the hate going for these guys when you see the behind the scenes stories with their families, etc.

**Plugs his ears .. "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW" .. I am a Scot .. revenge rules the day .. :lol:

Awwww TL when they show them as little kids, first starting to skate.

And it was pretty cool...they were showing a resistance harness that they strap on with a tire on the back..make the guys run 100 yards with it. Said he'd go 800, then throw another tire on, then a kid on the tire. Basically train till he dropped. I like that kind of dedication. It's why I used to love Walter Payton (NFL, "Sweetness")....his work ethic and training were unbelievable. Not a fluke some of these guys are the best...they work hard at it.

But don't you worry, I'll be right back to hating him soon.

And I'm too wound up to "nap" before the game. Looks like it'll be an all nighter....

Archived