The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHAT ARE THE ODDS a canuck will score the gold medal winning goal

coastal.view

what are the odds a canuck will score the gold medal winning goal

please provide player name, a synopsis, and the odds.. or comment on someone`s post

my bias is canada will win, so the odds that daniel or edler will score are increased, so here goes

my list in terms of player with best odds

1. daniel sedin, given his good play during the olympics, but also factoring in his recent mediocare play with the canucks, the sweden is unlikely to win, hence no game winning goal possibility, i place odds of daniel scoring this goal at 200 to 1

2. alex edler, similar to daniel, except he is also a defenceman, given his good play during the olympics, but also factoring in his recent mediocare play with the canucks, the sweden is unlikely to win, hence no game winning goal possibility, i place odds of daniel scoring this goal at 250 to 1

3. daniel hamhuis, hardly plays, chances of him playing in a tight game are almost nil, barring an injury to a defenceman, will likely only be given playing time if a bit of a blow out, substantially reducing his chance to play when the goal medal game winning goal is possible, he scores little even when he does play huge minuges, i place his odds at 2000 to 1

4. roberto luongo, he would need to replace an injured price, canada would need to be up by a goal, sweden pulls its goalie, luongo clears puck down the ice into an empty net, sweden then scores a goal with goalie again pulled, canada wins, luongo`s goal stands up as the winner, i put these odds at a 1,000,000 to 1

WHAT SAY YOU ?

100%. Price will get injured and Luongo will have to go in. The game will go to OT and Luongo will rip off his mask and go end to end. He'll skate up to the hashmarks and take a clap bomb, bar down and in. Everyone will lose their crap.

• 11 months later...

Archived