The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

to be honest i dont like penguins rumours at all.

1. brandon sutter is not as attractive as he was a few years ago. hes not as young as you would hope for. his potential is very limited at this point

2. not that interested in simon depres. cant crack pens line-up regularly. i think he has limited upside

3. 1st round pick is gonna be extremely low and in a weak draft year. nough said.

4. beau bennet is an interesting asset but im not sure about him. put up decent numbers in his stints. but he was playing with malkin

5. derek pouliot is a good prospect and probably the only piece i really like.

honestly if some combination of these assets is all they can get for kesler, then the best option is to keep him and try again at the draft

I doubt Kesler goes anywhere. I hope he doesn't either. I'd rather Gillis shop the Sedins and even that kind of makes me suck thinking. Our D needs a retool with our young guns proving they deserve top 4 minutes. Move one or 2 for a top 6 forward. I truly believe we can make a LA kings run if we bring in a Top 6 forward.

If can get 2 star,young forwards, and 2 1sts for Kes and Edler it'd be worth it.

If we had 3 1st rd'ers this year + those 2 studs, we'd have a SOLID start to our rebuild.

I hope the reason that all of these reports are flying around is because there are multiple transactions happening and it is tricky to coordinate them.

I won't hold my breath though.

I hope the reason that all of these reports are flying around is because there are multiple transactions happening and it is tricky to coordinate them.

I won't hold my breath though.

There are probably 3 separate trades being discussed by MG: Kes, Edler and a goalie. All are sorely needed by numerous teams. MG gets to be a chooser rather than a beggar which means multiple offers and more chance to be leaked.

At least that's what I tell myself :unsure:

If can get 2 star,young forwards, and 2 1sts for Kes and Edler it'd be worth it.

If we had 3 1st rd'ers this year + those 2 studs, we'd have a SOLID start to our rebuild.

That wouldn't be a start to our rebuild, that would be our rebuild.

Add two young star forwards and 3 1st round picks to our already decent prospect pool, then fill in the gaps with the massive amount of cap space we would have, and we would be in very good shape.

That wouldn't be a start to our rebuild, that would be our rebuild.

Add two young star forwards and 3 1st round picks to our already decent prospect pool, then fill in the gaps with the massive amount of cap space we would have, and we would be in very good shape.

Then we can laugh at Buffalo and Oiler fans for DECADES haha

Archived