The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Schenn is more of an offensive player that the Canucks need. Also I strongly doubt Philly even considers moving Couturier.

Clouts, better on faceoffs, play tuffer competition, points similar, bigger.

Agree that would be a harder sell if I was Philly.

No offense to guys like Tanev or Stanton, but Pouliot will be 10 times the player these guys are. He's a stud, which is why Pittsburgh is likely very hesitant to part with him.

He would be that number 1 D prospect we haven't had since the late Luc Bourdon.

Hopefully the emergence of Olli Maatta has swayed them with regards to Pouliot's availability.

We'd just have to move a D, or even flip who we get in the Kesler trade for more offensive help

Dangerous territory for many reasons. GM's then know you 'have' to move a D - could affect price. More drama for the next few months about 'which' D will be moved and why. What if the market for D changes in next few months - yet you still have to move one? So many issues. Not worth the risk. Get forwards.

No offense to guys like Tanev or Stanton, but Pouliot will be 10 times the player these guys are. He's a stud, which is why Pittsburgh is likely very hesitant to part with him.

He would be that number 1 D prospect we haven't had since the late Luc Bourdon.

Stanton sure. But not Tanev, there's a reason why 2 polar opposites in Av and Torts both love him. He's an advanced stats darling - the real deal.

Poulit 'maybe could' be great in the future. The 'maybe could' is a no go for me - not as a centrepiece. Canucks needs help now, help upfront IMO.

I can't see a deal being done right now. It seems like the draft is more likely to get us a better return

Edit: For Kesler anyway

With the way St.louis geared up for a long playoff run, i'm sure other teams will want to do the same and match. Having Kesler for this years playoffs for a team like Philly or Pitts would be key, in my opinion at least waiting it out might hurt Kesler's value. With all the injuries Kess has suffered, it would be best to unload him now before something drastic like an injury happens.

Looks like gillis will play this like luongo for 2 years now. The draft will be waiting too long and well deal Kesler for kadri

This situation is very different from the Luongo situation. Kesler's contract is a lot better than Luongo's and over half the league is interested in Kesler. I'd be surprised if Kesler isn't traded by the deadline.

If Gillis even 'thought' about accepting that trade from Pitts. He's be run out of town. A scrub centreman, d-man who couldn't even crack the current roster, essentially a 2nd and 4th round pick (cause they'll go far in playoffs)? Ya. It's a no brainer.

Here's what the deal would look like:

Kesler for

4C

Depth d-man

2nd and 4th round picks

Lol. I'd hang up the phone.

That's such a joke of an offer it's not even funny. They'd have to add 1st & 2nd rounders in 2015 for us to even entertain this.

Has Jenner been playing C in CBJ this yr? How's his foot speed? I've been looking at his advanced stats, and they're pretty good for a 1st yr player.

Just googled images of Wennberg, wowsa. Landeskog_v2. Me must be included in any package :)

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 13m

Maybe we should start stockpiling kids that know each other well. Get Jenner in a huge package (including 2015 1st) for Kesler and you negate the loss of Kesler's insane compete level. Next get Laughton in an Edler for Simmonds package (including a 2015 1st) and you have the Jensen, Cassels, Jenner, and Laughton that all played together in 2011/2012.

Why would Canucks take a D in a Kesler trade? They are loaded at D. Any pairing in the Canucks top 6 d are a top pair in Tor, Edm, Cgy, Philly etc. Plus, good D prospects. They need forwards!!! Forwards Gillis!!

I agree but if Gillis can pry Bennet and Maatta (Horvat familiarity) out of Pitts, Edler ought to be able to get the desired young forwards in a separate deal.

Dangerous territory for many reasons. GM's then know you 'have' to move a D - could affect price. More drama for the next few months about 'which' D will be moved and why. What if the market for D changes in next few months - yet you still have to move one? So many issues. Not worth the risk. Get forwards.

Stanton sure. But not Tanev, there's a reason why 2 polar opposites in Av and Torts both love him. He's an advanced stats darling - the real deal.

Poulit 'maybe could' be great in the future. The 'maybe could' is a no go for me - not as a centrepiece. Canucks needs help now, help upfront IMO.

Pouliot's IQ is off the charts. He's the best defenseman in junior right now outside of Ekblad IMO.

He'll play a complete defensive game like Tanev, plus he can move the puck and put up points.

Ask any scout, and there's not a whole lot of "maybe" with him. I dunno about you, but I can wait a couple seasons for a stud puck moving defenseman. You can't win cups without them.

Pouliot's IQ is off the charts. He's the best defenseman in junior right now outside of Ekblad IMO.

He'll play a complete defensive game like Tanev, plus he can move the puck and put up points.

Ask any scout, and there's not a whole lot of "maybe" with him. I dunno about you, but I can wait a couple seasons for a stud puck moving defenseman. You can't win cups without them.

I watched him live this year and he was a beast. I'm sold if he's a major piece in the deal and we move dman for more youth up front

Do you guys think Pit will up their bid after losing 5-1 to Chicago today? Chicago was without Hossa for most of the game too...

I think Pittsburgh will make every effort to land Kesler.

They're the second best team in the league right now and they got their butts handed to them by Chicago. They're not going anywhere without better defensive play.

This is their next best chance at a cup this season. There's no guarantee that they'll keep getting these kinds of chances in the future.

Hopefully their desperation rubs off on Philly too, and we get ourselves a good old fashioned bidding war.

Yes and how may that be? I was telling everyone to go look because I didnt want to type it all out myself.

Funny how I’m the troll but yet all you can add to this post is “Troll..."

Your a tool. End of story; move on.

I thought you were saying go look cause something new was posted. 20 minutes before you posted we had the tweets already posted in the thread! So I thought you were trolling like lots of people! Relax man

Archived