The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

Uhhhhh, Anaheim is already a favourite to win the cup. Do you really want to male them better. And even worse, watch Kesler shut down the Sedins for 6 games per year. Might as well write 6 losses in the L column, because it's unlikely we would win.

Not really. They have a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Their top 6 marginally controls possession yet they are responsible for 60% GF which means their top players are sporting above average shooting percentages, something that regresses as the sample size gets larger.

I'm thinking if we do make a deal, it'll be right near the end

I didn't just mean us but…..

I am expecting multiple deals actually from the Canucks. Some names we weren't necessarily banking on moving.

I think another tonight and a couple of more tomorrow including us grabbing some space fillers.

Just to make a point that some people are completely idiotic:

Aaron Portzline@Aportzline 38m

R.J. Umberger said reports his relationship w Ryan Kesler may have had anything to do w Kesler not "approving" #CBJ are 'totally wrong.If it helps our team, I'd take him in a minute. He's a great player. No doubt about it. For people to assume that, it's unfair... I would defiinitely play with the guy. I've said hey to him a few times. We've put that stuff behind, really we have.The reason people hate Ryan Kesler is because he's hard to play against. That's respect. I could definitely play w him."

R.J. Umberger said reports his relationship w Ryan Kesler may have had anything to do w Kesler not "approving" #CBJ are 'totally wrong.If it helps our team, I'd take him in a minute. He's a great player. No doubt about it. For people to assume that, it's unfair... I would defiinitely play with the guy. I've said hey to him a few times. We've put that stuff behind, really we have.The reason people hate Ryan Kesler is because he's hard to play against. That's respect. I could definitely play w him."

Kesler to Columbus is back on the table?

:bigblush:

Bidding war 2014

Prepare to be disappointed it's almost Wednesday in the east.

I don't think that'll matter tonight. This should be one of the most active deadlines in a decade.

I think the coffee will be brewing all night and there will napping shifts taken on the coaches in the war rooms.

For my part, I think that Burr and Bieksa will also be asked about. I can see the Flyers going after Juice and the Habs sniffing around Burrows.

Come on Gillis! Make it happen. After Philly, Columbus has the best package to offer.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 38m

Not sure what your point is. This doesn't disprove or prove anything. We don't know what is true/ not true but assuming kes won't go to nyr because of AV, its perfectly logical to think he wouldn't go to CBJ because of Umberger. One quote from RJ doesn't change anything. And it may not even be how umberger really feels.

Kes is on the record as saying he wants to stay and I think we all know that's a croc of crap...

I think many people are going to be disappointed when we do not make any deals beyond Luongo. I hope i'm wrong

I won't be disappointed because I don't think it matters too much right now. The team can't score so it doesn't impact our season at all.

I will be surprised though.

I think the vultures are circling and we have some useful pieces. This increasing cap and 7 year CBA has every GM liberalizing their normal modus operandi this year if they think they have a good shot.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 38m

Umberger - Kesler - Horton

Dubinsky - Johansen - Gaborik

Dat top six...

I won't be disappointed because I don't think it matters too much right now. The team can't score so it doesn't impact our season at all.

I will be surprised though.

I think the vultures are circling and we have some useful pieces. This increasing cap and 7 year CBA has every GM liberalizing their normal modus operandi this year if they think they have a good shot.

Also trading Lu made a statement to each individual player what direction the team

Is going, so all these guys with ntc's are going to start leaning towards looking out for number 1 and waiving ntc's for contenders. Now we got a pretty good set of assets signed to great contracts from when they went for home town discounts. Major options

Also trading Lu made a statement to each individual player what direction the team

Is going, so all these guys with ntc's are going to start leaning towards looking out for number 1 and waiving ntc's for contenders. Now we got a pretty good set of assets signed to great contracts from when they went for home town discounts. Major options

Precisely.

I think MG is listening on everybody not named Sedin.

Definitely agree with this, hard to imagine some of these guys moving on...but it is a business and these guys want to play into June.

Retweeted by Rob Rossi

CifMWNAk_bigger.jpegMark Spector@SportsnetSpec 19m

Yes, Preds not on list. DET, PIT, PHI is list. “@JeremyR86: @SportsnetSpec. Have we heard that Nashville isn't in the mix for Kesler?”

Retweeted by Rob Rossi

simmons_pic_bigger.jpgsteve simmons@simmonssteve 15m

Paul Holmgren has told other NHL GMs tonight that he has no deal for Ryan Kesler and isn't likely to be making one.

I could see Holmgren posturing, or playing dead, only to throw an offer in at the last minute and limit his rivals in Pits and Det from beating the offer.... But thats just wishfull thinking.

Looking like Pittsburgh or bust.

Archived