The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

General manager Ken Holland, who spoke to about six fellow GMs while at the Olympics, tells MLive.com he is looking for a defenceman, but only if the price is right.

“This time of year you’re always looking for defencemen, but obviously there’s a lot of teams looking for defencemen,” Holland said. “We’ll see. It depends on what’s available. I don’t see us playing a big price on a rental. I don’t believe that’s the direction we should go but you never know when you get to Wednesday.”

sounds like Detroit would be a perfect fit as a trading partner for Edler especially since Edler is locked up for 4 more years at a pretty good price & considering the cap will be going up for a few more years.

loook at the red wings young player/ prospects at forward

Mantha

Jurco

Jarnkrok

Nyquist

Tatar

Sheahan

I think Nyquist & Mantha is too steep no way Holland does that but Nyquist and Shaehan would be pretty good

Nyquist is already showing he's producing Sheahan to some extent as well (12 pts in 20 gp) and he's 6'2" 212 pounds

I'd throw in Hansen if they want some forward depth maybe

Edler & Hansen for Nyquist Sheahan & 3'rd

only problem is there will be cap issues

Tanev for Sheahan. :)

To cbj:

Kesler

Edler

For

To van

Ryan johansen

Ryan murphy (Murray?)

2nd round pick

Or

To car

Kesler

Edler

For

To van

Skinner

Lindholm

2nd round pick

The thing I hate about texting and forums is that I can never tell if someones being sarcastic or just truly clueless... If you truly believe that Kes + Edler can land us Murray and Johansen and 2nd then you just truly dont have a clue.

People who are demanding the sun and stars for Kesler need to get their head seriously checked.

Would you guys give up Horvat, Tanev and a 1st/2nd for Bergeron?

If we werea contending team, with just another piece like Bergeron to put us over the top, then yes, I would. Similarly, a team might just over pay for Kes to out them over the top

People who are demanding the sun and stars for Kesler need to get their head seriously checked.

Would you guys give up Horvat, Tanev and a 1st/2nd for Bergeron?

Yes. Because proven talent in their prime trumps potential any day of the week. There was a reason he's made the hardest team to make in the world two times in a row.

Add Bennett (!) and Pouliot from Pitt as candidates. Look, Maata looks like (anyone from the Peh here?) a young, perhaps better version, of Frederic Olausson or Teppo Numminen. (or small Dan Hamhuis) High praise! But Maata as a signature return more or less gives us skills we have. To compliment our team Bennett is a big right handed PF who appears to have even better puck skills than Kassian? Pouliot to kick start the rush and our PP in 2 years time, a dynamic offensive D?

I'm a huge Penguins fan. They're my second favorite team. I have watched every single Penguins game this year and last (thank you NHL centre ice!).

I can tell you that Bennett is going to be a stud. 30 goal scorer type stud. Only thing that worries me is his injuries. He's been very injury prone. However all I can think about when I think of this guy is a game against Boston last year (I think it was last year). Bennett was the best player on the ice. He was absolutely flying and just dominated. Who knows what injuries have done to him though...

When it comes to Maatta all I can say is wow. This kid is going to be the Penguins number 1 d-man in a few years. He is absolutely unreal. He still makes the occasional mistake but that can be attributed to the fact that he's only 19 years old. I know some of you might think this is far fetched but I see a Norris trophy in this kids future. The rate at which he has improved this year has been un-fricken-real. Like I can't even describe how awesome this guy is going to be.

Despres has also been a really, really solid player for the Penguins. He seems to not be liked by Bylsma. Don't understand what that is all about but he is another sold guy.

When it comes to Brandon Sutter... meh. He's nothing more than a 3rd line centre. Not that special at all.

Honestly if we got Sutter, Pouliot and a 1st from Pittsburgh I would be very disappointed. Kesler is worth way, way more than that. If we got Sutter, Maatta, and a 1st I would be pumped. Now if we could get Bennett and Maatta AND a 1st round pick for Kesler I would throw a god damn parade.

With that being said I think Maatta is an untouchable for the Penguins. As he should be. And if I'm the Canucks I don't trade Kesler to the Penguins unless Maatta is involved.

Botch on team 1040 saying Canucks and Flyers have bad blood from the Luongo saga. I'll add that to the 'issues' list of: "Gillis and Toronto have bad blood from Luongo saga and everything else". Then, "Kesler prob won't go to CBJ cause he hates Umbergers guts". Oh ya, and "he won't go to NYR cause he'd rather go to jail than play for AV again". Last but not least, "he want to play in the States".

So, ugh, who does that leave as a trading partner for Kesler? .... frig.Ac

Edit:

According to Bruce Arthur just said on team 1040, that according to his reports:

In Sochi, Kesler was at a bar with some of hi teammates after gold medal game and was telling people:

a) His hand is broke

b ) He wants out of Vancouver. Then went on to list destinations of choice.

That 'multiple' people have reported that he said the same thing.

Botch on team 1040 saying Canucks and Flyers have bad blood from the Luongo saga. I'll add that to the 'issues' list of: "Gillis and Toronto have bad blood from Luongo saga and everything else". Then, "Kesler prob won't go to CBJ cause he hates Umbergers guts". Oh ya, and "he won't go to NYR cause he'd rather go to jail than play for AV again". Last but not least, "he want to play in the States".

So, ugh, who does that leave as a trading partner for Kesler? .... frig.

Botchford is worse then some of the goons that post on this forum.

So, ugh, who does that leave as a trading partner for Kesler? .... frig.

If Gillis ever did have talks with Philly about Luongo then they obviously didn't want to pay Gillis's price. Not sure why they'd have bad blood with us over that. They've wanted Kesler for a while now haven't they? This is there chance to get him.

How about actually having a discussion, instead of saying I hate Kesler and my opinion doesn't matter.

Because why should I have a discussion with someone who hates Kesler and lets that hate blind him from his actual value?

So, ugh, who does that leave as a trading partner for Kesler? .... frig.Ac

Edit:

According to Bruce Arthur just said on team 1040, that according to his reports:

In Sochi, Kesler was at a bar with some of hi teammates after gold medal game and was telling people:

a) His hand is broke

b ) He wants out of Vancouver. Then went on to list destinations of choice.

That 'multiple' people have reported that he said the same thing.

Redwings

Kes for Nyquist, 1st and ?

or

chicago

kes for toews (wont' happen but a girl can dream)

If Gillis ever did have talks with Philly about Luongo then they obviously didn't want to pay Gillis's price. Not sure why they'd have bad blood with us over that. They've wanted Kesler for a while now haven't they? This is there chance to get him.

Because why should I have a discussion with someone who hates Kesler and lets that hate blind him from his actual value?

If Kesler gets moved I think Philly is the top destination. They have players we would want. Detroit as well but Holland is stingy and probably wont meet the asking price. I bet Gillis would want Nyquist and Mantha.

I would make that trade if I was Gillis. Nyquist is a going to be a solid 2nd liner if he isnt already and Manta has 1st line potential, even if hes known to be lazy.

yeah that's why I took manta out cause I realized that my canuck fan side was being greedy and detroit was getting fleeced. I really REALLY want nyquist over here...but if Gillis could some how get both nyquist and manta oh my...gosh... do it.

Archived