The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

I prefer Landeskog over O'Rielly. And two 1st's.

Though really COL is not an ideal trading partner.

Landeskog and O'Rielly are not going anywhere, let alone to a western conference team. If any forward gets traded its Stastny. Do you really want to pay over six million a season for Stastny?

Now according to Eklund Montreal is in play. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Montreal-and-Pittsburgh-looking-at-Kesler/1/58361

If we ask for anything less than Galchenyuk MG should be shot... and we'll take a contract off their hands as well (Bourque / Prust). Although I have a feeling that they would push Briere.

Eller and Emelin are also intriguing options.

Landeskog and O'Rielly are not going anywhere, let alone to a western conference team. If any forward gets traded its Stastny. Do you really want to pay over six million a season for Stastny?

And trading Kesler to a western conference team is 'easy' for us? Give some and take some.

Just don't see Pittsburgh as the best trading partner. He will wanna leave just like Staal if his role isn't on the top 2 lines. Preferably center. Meaning if the Pens were to grab him, they would be selling their future for someone likely to walk in two years. He could be a 1st line center on alot of teams. So Pouliot and Matta are obviously non starters and they don't seem willing to give up either, so we have a standoff.

If Columbus were to be in the mix, I would "center" my talks around them. Dubi, Jenner, Wennberg, Rychel, Murray. Dubi and either two of them would probably get it done. Definitely want Dubi in a trade with Columbus when it comes to Kes though. It would keep the team competitive and when Horvat is good enough, Dubi can bounce to the 3rd line. Plus, I am pretty sure Torts loves him. Kes and Umberger are professionals, right. They can move past something from 10 years ago in lieu of the greater goal.

Now according to Eklund Montreal is in play. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Montreal-and-Pittsburgh-looking-at-Kesler/1/58361

If we ask for anything less than Galchenyuk MG should be shot... and we'll take a contract off their hands as well (Bourque / Prust). Although I have a feeling that they would push Briere.

Eller and Emelin are also intriguing options.

I doubt it would happen, but I would be all over Prust in the bottom 6. Him, Galchenyuk, a 1st and a 3rd I would seriously consider it.

I doubt it would happen, but I would be all over Prust in the bottom 6. Him, Galchenyuk, a 1st and a 3rd I would seriously consider it.

Do you think Kesler would want to go the fishbowl that is Montreal? Dunno that he waives to go play for The Canadiens. However a return involving Galagher would be interesting. Pretty sure Galchenyuk is out of play.

What I don't get is Pittsburg offering up pieces that every team in the league already has with the exception of Pouliot if he's actually been offered. There's 30 Sutter's, and 30 Despres's, and only 1 Ryan Kesler in the whole league! Who else goes as beast mode as Kesler in the playoffs?

we should be getting untouchable players back, because Kesler is in that class. How often do teams ever have the opportunity to add someone like him? It almost never happens unless your paying Minnesota money to UFA's.

Shero's rumored offers are so far away that it actually scares me.

MG don't mess this up or the entire fan base will turn against you pretty much!

Ken Campbell from THN was saying yesterday that for him, a Kesler trade to Pitts would start with one of Letang or Benn. Is there a possibility we're undervaluing Kes talking about a young center and some prospects? I would want a proven player back.

No way Galchenyuk is involved in the deal. If we have to take Briere its a deal breaker.

Galagher, Eller, and a 1st.

No Galchenyuk? No Kesler.

We NEED a top 6 goal scorer back. NEED. Not want.

Kesler going to any borderline contender would turn them to REAL contender for the duration of his contract. We command the best prospect any team has.

Hey 2 weeks ago Kesler was untouchable too, you know....

MG don't mess this up or the entire fan base will turn against you pretty much!

I agree. At this point I'm on MG's side because this is the first time he's in the position of power, trying to sell a player, but the second he pulls the trigger on a deal that involves Sutter as the MAIN piece is when I turn against him.

It's funny how on here we are saying that rumored Penguins deal is trash, then reading calgarypuck and they all say the Canucks would be absolutely stupid if they turned down that deal.

F anything with the word Calgary in it.

It's funny how on here we are saying that rumored Penguins deal is trash, then reading calgarypuck and they all say the Canucks would be absolutely stupid if they turned down that deal.

Why do they think it is great?

Well, the futility had to get to their fans eventually right?

What they mean is, it would be good for Calgary if the Nucks take that deal.

Archived