The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

The game is far from a sellout but apparently the NHL will give out free tickets to try to spin that story.

As for not starting Luongo, that has got to be the stupidest move to make. There's no reason for you not to start the face of your franchise and #1 goalie in a once in a lifetime chance like this, no matter how silly the game may be. The only reason they would make such a choice would be to send a message to Luongo (which really? after what happened last season your going to dig up again?) and to incense the fan-base.

I for one hope that the fans that go to the game tomorrow will chant "Luongo" throughout the game, just a unfathomable choice to make.

Dude. We got Sarah McLachlan and Tegan & Sara to perform. Nothing gets me more pumped for hockey

She should play that depressing song from the animal cruelty commercials. Very suitable for Canucks hockey this year.

Woooooooooooooooooow...........

Snow adds to the whole mystique of the outdoor winter hockey game, so now its just an indoor game with terrible sight lines where the lower bowl cant even see the game and management is giving tickets away for free. Glad I didn't buy tickets for this.

I may be out of the loop... But who is "they"?

What's the source for this information?

Same goes for Lack getting the start... I thought torts never announced who was playing in net until game day. Where is that info coming as well?

Sounds like everyone is in straight up panic mode since the kesler trade rumors started.

I may be out of the loop... But who is "they"?

What's the source for this information?

Same goes for Lack getting the start... I thought torts never announced who was playing in net until game day. Where is that info coming as well?

Sounds like everyone is in straight up panic mode since the kesler trade rumors started.

CBC stated it tonight...as for Lack it was on CBC as well

Lol at people blaming the Aquilini's and Gillis for the weather.

The NHL is running this event, not the Canucks just so you know.

The amount of whining by this fan base makes it even harder to be a fan right now. Can we seriously stop with all the belly aching. Everyone has the same frustrations right now, it doesn't help to complain about every little move this team is making.

BTW, for those interested, I found an article on the Vancouver Sun that gives a far more complete quote from Luo regarding his "I don't want to go through this again" statement that the Twitter reports took out of context.

Wow great find. That makes me believe in him more.

That initial tweet is taken out of context.

Lui will lead this team to the playoffs this year and if we get a few lucky bounces he will hoist the cup and Disney will be knocking on the door begging to make a movie.

Wow great find. That makes me believe in him more.

That initial tweet is taken out of context.

Lui will lead this team to the playoffs this year and if we get a few lucky bounces he will hoist the cup and Disney will be knocking on the door begging to make a movie.

Who's surprised, it's Jason Botchford at it again. If he includes other parts of the quotation, there's no story.

Oh, and one more thing:

A decision on whether the top can be popped for the game between the Vancouver Canucks, wearing retro plunging V maroon jerseys of the long-ago Millionaires, and the Ottawa Senators will be made Sunday morning by NHL operations in conjunction with the general managers.

The Canucks aren't solely responsible for deciding whether the roof remains open.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Foundation+making+Vancouver+laid+down/9565436/story.html

Lack has lost 3 of his last 4 games. How is that "hot"?

Did you watch those games?

He did everything he could but score for the Canucks.

I can't remember one soft goal he's let in in his last 5 starts.

Exactly. The Luongo apologists keep blaming the offense for 2011, despite the fact Luongo played absolutely horrible every single game in Boston. They seem to expect the forwards to be able to score 9 goals a game. Lack has been giving a struggling team a chance to win on a consistent basis, and he's "not the hot goalie" because his team couldn't score? Give me a break.

Lol at people blaming the Aquilini's and Gillis for the weather.

The NHL is running this event, not the Canucks just so you know.

The amount of whining by this fan base makes it even harder to be a fan right now. Can we seriously stop with all the belly aching. Everyone has the same frustrations right now, it doesn't help to complain about every little move this team is making.

no the point of it is if it snows the roof should be open! the game is supposed to be outdoors!!! and cbc said if it snows there is talk the roof will be closed! lol

what's the point of it then? so people have crappier site lines and they pretend to be outdoors?

Archived