The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

It would be a shame if PHI and PIT were just doing their usual dance of trying to run up the price for the other while both teams are indeed bluffing.

Pittsburgh ain't exactly offering the world for Kesler. They are basically offering us an unproven Pouliot for Kesler, the other players they could probably just keep tbh. Philly has more pieces to offer.

It would be a shame if PHI and PIT were just doing their usual dance of trying to run up the price for the other while both teams are indeed bluffing.

Lol sadly I think this could happen, like Toronto played with Gillis last year

I can't see Philly giving up Coutrier and Simmonds for Edler. Kesler must be part of that deal or Holmgren is run out of town.

Couturier has to be the centerpiece of any deal with Philty - whether it's Kesler or Edler imo.

Great young player, but his trade value is exaggerated constantly.

Edler's value is underplayed all the time on these boards. Philly not only needs a top 4, they need one that is cap friendly.

Substitute Read and take out Diaz, but I personally do not move Edler unless there are two quality pieces coming back.

The Eller and Tinordi speculation is as tempting.

Hockeycentral saying that they're not so sure that Kesler deal could be done by tomorrow.

They're saying that there's a rumour which suggests the cap will only be going up to $68 million next season.

People from Sportsnet are all morons as far as I'm concerned.

That would be collusion/tampering if true and could be proven. In any event, we don't have to trade Kesler since he technically hasn't asked for a trade or been asked to waive his NTC.

Pittsburgh ain't exactly offering the world for Kesler. They are basically offering us an unproven Pouliot for Kesler, the other players they could probably just keep tbh. Philly has more pieces to offer.

That could be why. Rumors were Shero was aggressively pursuing Kesler while Philadelphia was said to not be interested. Then when we hear what Pitts is rumored to offer Philly suddenly jumps back in the picture possibly to see if they can up the price and get an aggressive Shero to bite.

At least when you look at years past it seems like both organizations end up in the same rumors and then none end up pulling the trigger.

That would be collusion/tampering if true and could be proven. In any event, we don't have to trade Kesler since he technically hasn't asked for a trade or been asked to waive his NTC.

its not something you can really prove though. Both teams don't have to be in on it. All one team has to do is leak that they may be willing to make a serious push and the division rival may panic and be willing to give up more. You can't exactly fine a team for considering offering a trade for player. Even in this report it says substantial offer but doesn't say what.

No kidding...don't know how to explain it. They seem to want to out moron each other, everything they say is complete BS or speculative, facts are hard to come by.

They claim to have "insiders" but they really don't. It's why I only watch TSN - Ferraro, McKenzie, Dreger - Now those are people I can trust.

Kesler to Pitt for Poulliot, Sutter, 1st and 3rd would be nice, hopefully Gillis could trade Edler for Simmonds and a 2nd. The top 9 next year would look somewhat decent/exciting but with a lot of question marks. Along with 2 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks would make for an interesting draft day.

Sedins - Burrows

Simmonds - Horvat - Kassian

Higgins - Sutter - Hansen

Still would need work, but 6 potential 20 goal scorers.

This could be a great deadline for the Canucks maybe we could trade Lecavlier for Luongo in this Kesler deal as well and be stronger now and in the future.

I've now got my hopes up that we can get rid of Edler and Luongo in the Kesler deal or seperate and get some great return.

Damn i hope after hearing all these rumors we don't end up with a yawner Alberts for OBrian trade.

This could be a great deadline for the Canucks maybe we could trade Lecavlier for Luongo in this Kesler deal as well and be stronger now and in the future.

I've now got my hopes up that we can get rid of Edler and Luongo in the Kesler deal or seperate and get some great return.

Damn i hope after hearing all these rumors we don't end up with a yawner Alberts for OBrian trade.

Archived