The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

it should be done in the off season. that deal from pittsburgh isn't enough, in my opinion. Sutter does nothing for me.. philly has more to offer

sutter doesnt do it but having a ppqb prospect to grow with our younger stable plus the potential draft oicks DOES do it for me. Sutter can tie things over til guys like Gaunce/Horvat/Cassels can develope one or more years in the minors while we suck for another year and get MORE prospects. Looks guys...I seriously dont see us tearing it up next year either. Year after that is when the fruits will start to develope into what we hope.

Back to "the package"

If we pass on this and get shafted in tthe summer abd have to accept less? Im gonna be choked

The whole point is he could put a team over the top with a cap friendly contract for 2 more years. His value shouldn't be higher in a less critical time.

except now is the only time they are going to get a bidding war for his services

The whole point is he could put a team over the top with a cap friendly contract for 2 more years. His value shouldn't be higher in a less critical time.

THIS!! Forget the draft or off season his value is at it's tops NOW.

Jesus Christ.

If Gillis loses Kesler he is brain dead.

I'd rather see Gillis gone, screw this season and start from scratch over the summer.

MG looks like a schizophrenic over the course of the last 12 months. He needs to be sh*tcanned before he does any more damage.

He's going to ruin this team to try to save hs own ass.

Wingnut..

This team is gonna suck for years to come. It's time to move on from Kesler and get some future assets.

This is BS.

Every rebuild has a corner stone. If not Kes, who?

Schneider could have been that cornerstone, but Gillis had to save his own ass.

I'm reminded of a Hans Christian Anderson story about a naked ruler who is coddled by his subjects.

So while so many here think Gillis is a genius, I am more of the mind that he's buck naked. I hope for his sake it's cold outside because I'm not at all impressed.

Not that I want Kesler gone, but, if MG moves him to Philly, Wayne Simmonds had better be coming the other way. The Sedins are still here and likely aren't going anywhere. Adding Nighttrain Simmonds would finally end all the nonsensical "put-Kassian-with-the-twins" talk on CDC. Hopefully.

This is BS.

I'm reminded of a Hans Christian Anderson story about a naked ruler who is coddled by his subjects.

So while so many here think Gillis is a genius, I am more of the mind that he's buck naked. I hope for his sake it's cold outside because I'm not at all impressed.

I'm not sure why you're picturing Mike Gillis naked.....

This is BS.

Cornor stone? I guess the captain is a pretty good candidate. I see the Sedins having a bounce back year next season.

Archived