The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LUONGO TRADED to Florida - Official Discussion Thread

-SN-

All I can say is wow.

From the biggest trade ever and eventual Canuck greatest of all time, a quick overview of Lu's time here:

1.) instantly became fan fav.

2.) played especially tremendous in early years but couldn't win due to weak team.

3.) Schneider comes up & Lu helps him become exposed as a good goalie.

4.) Lu takes team to 2011 finals where goal support caused eventual loss.

5.) Lu-Schneider controversy hits max next season with Schneids being traded.

6.) New culture is being built as Torts comes in to try and improve the team to take that extra stride.

7.) Injuries cause many losses this year and ultimately, reality hits Torts cannot make. the team take that extra step due to it.

8.) Lu's last game, Heritage Classic on the bench surprisingly. Fans chant his name throughout game.

9.) Awkward situation again.

10.) Lu gets traded.

Too long didn't read:

Lu was fan fav when initially here, then scapegoat, then hated due to Schneids, then fan fav again when Schneids was traded, and then at the very end, his very last game sitting on the bench, fans chanting Lu. Lu-Schneider controversy = Lack & Markstrom won. Wow.

...very shocked, emotional situation for fans, players, and just about everyone. Very heart-breaking to see Lu go out like this but at the same time, I'm sure I can say on behalf of Lu's true supporters that we can be fine with this because Lu deserved better than what he got. Best of luck, and hope you win a Cup. Greatest goaltender in Nucks history. Farewell friend :(

Queue the endless threads for the next year including the following

Glad he's gone

We should have kept him

Schneider Schneider Schneider

Lack Lack Lack

Could we have gotten more

Should we have gotten more

And the endless Gillis is terrible threads.

Mods...you've your work cut out for you for the next 2 weeks. best of Luck

He's the best goalie we've ever had, but at the same time I get it. He's wanted out for a while, and we've gotta start getting younger.

Thanks for the memories Luo, there were some bad ones but there were a bunch of great ones too!

:(

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. Canucks trade their number 1 goalie, keep all the salary, get a goalie in return.

Tank is on. Looks like Gillis realized that the team's problems aren't fixable.

4th worst offensive team in hockey and you trade the goalie that kept your season afloat. For another goalie. Next up, Sedins and Burrows. Probably at the end of the year.

Finally, an official thread that's actually created by somebody official! :lol:

I wasn't entirely surprised and kind of thought this would happen.

I just wonder, did Torts already know and keep Lu out of the Heritage Classic because of the trade? And pretended it was a hockey decision as part of the cover story?

Archived