The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Diaz to NYR

So Weise goes to Montreal for Diaz, Diaz plays 2 games, and gets flipped for a 5th round pick... how many 5th rounders actually make it? Is this to replace Steve Anthony?

This is super disappointing... so Matthias is the only scoring that we've gotten back through all this. Towel officially thrown in.

Jamie Benn? Never write off a pick never know who it can turn into

This guy was our #8 D-man, was undersized, had a 1.25 mil contract and wouldn't have been resigned. Barring few injuries he wouldn't have even played another game as a Canuck.

People are upset we traded him? Good god!

Bieksa, Corrado, Gallegher, Shaw, Kruger, Martin, Muzzin, Helm, Gerbe, Fayne, ...

stop cherry picking as If those players are the norm...

iirc, a 5th rounder has a 12% chance of turning into an NHLer

given MGs track record of drafting, divide that by 5 and you get a more realistic feel

yes the Luongo trade will change the culture and core and spark the team to score goals.. gimme a break

I'm looking forward to watching Matthias try to carry the team while the rest of the team stands around and watches. He'll quickly learn that talent and effort won't get it done here, the Sedin swill still get top minutes but one mistake and he'll be riding the pine.

Well that about confirms that he wants out.

WOW! Talk about firing a shot across MG/Owner's bow. He obviously wanted to go to a contender for a chance at the cup. Now he's faced with sinking with the Gillis ship. I'd be upset too. I wonder how much he puts out the remainder of this year?

A 5th round pick in Vancouver is more valuable than a 2nd anyway. Hutton, Cederholm, Corrado, and Andersson were all Gillis 5th round picks. Much better than his second round picks! Mallet, Sauve, and Rodin. Mason Raymond was our best 2nd round pick in the last 22 years! The only other decent player was Artem Chubarov.

WOW! Talk about firing a shot across MG/Owner's bow. He obviously wanted to go to a contender for a chance at the cup. Now he's faced with sinking with the Gillis ship. I'd be upset too. I wonder how much he puts out the remainder of this year?
Oh noes! Are you saying no playoffs? Noooooooooo.

Losing is winning at this point, people.

I just don't like Kesler bs'ing the fans. First he says he loves it here and his "heart" is in Vancouver, now he blatantly admits he wants out. I'll be counting the days until he gets traded. I want him out.

For those complaining about this move, consider this. We picked up Weise off waivers for free. Therefore, it's a FREE 5th rounder.

And for those who think 5th rounders never make it, do you think Corrado won't be on the team soon? What about Bieksa? Odjick, Aucoin? It can and has happened a few times before.

stop cherry picking as If those players are the norm...

iirc, a 5th rounder has a 12% chance of turning into an NHLer

given MGs track record of drafting, divide that by 5 and you get a more realistic feel

Stop cherry picking? You make it sound like this was an ongoing thing. of course I picked those players as examples of success and at no point did I say that a 5th round pick was a sure thing. fact of the matter is Diaz had a 0% chance of being here next year as did weise, if we get a 12% chance of a roster player than we are ahead of the game.

Maybe other teams management didn't offer Gillis the right pieces for Kesler. Would you of rather him go for scraps?

Defensive depth?

Edler

Stanton

Hamhuis

Tanev

Bieksa

Garrison

Corrado will be the 7th D for call ups

Ride this out for the season becaus let's be honest the Canucks aren't getting in the playoffs.

The Pens wasn't even offering a top prospect. Pouliot HAD to be involved in the offer for Gillis to even remotely think about trading Kesler who has two years left on a great cap hit

I'm glad MG wasn't fleeced like Calgary was when they traded Iggy. Could you imagine if we got a similar return for Iggy?

Besides, I don't understand why you would trade your best player. The Pens wouldn't part with Sid, Hawks with Towes, Wings with Zetterberg.

And on a side note, Edler was one of Sweden's BEST d-men during the Olympics.

Oh noes! Are you saying no playoffs? Noooooooooo.

Losing is winning at this point, people.

I am not. Playoffs are not happening regardless of what Kesler does. Just another Soap opera story surrounding this organization that will be played out to the glee of the eastern media. May as generate revenue by selling it to HBO as a reality TV program./

Archived