The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Zack Attack!

TheRussianRocket.

Hodgson hasn't been scoring goals.

Against Buffalo not so much but look at their team now. Look at last season 15 G 19 A in 48 games he was on on pace for 25 to 30 goals. If he was still here with guys like Kesler, Higgins, etc. in the wing who knows how many goals he could have scored.

Against Buffalo not so much but look at their team now. Look at last season 15 G 19 A in 48 games he was on on pace for 25 to 30 goals. If he was still here with guys like Kesler, Higgins, etc. in the wing who knows how many goals he could have scored.

Blah blah blah..... if you're gonna use hypotheticals than the more important issue is how many goals he would have allowed.

Blah blah blah..... if you're gonna use hypotheticals than the more important issue is how many goals he would have allowed.

As a Canuck he was a +8 and was a -4 Last season with Buffalo (so not bad)

Look don't get me wrong since Canucks no longer have Hodgson and have Kassian, I would be glad if I was proven wrong and Kassian turns out to be the better player than Hodgson but until that point I am not going say trading Hodgson is a good idea yet.

Good game by Zack, but lets be a bit realistic, he's playing against his former team that's ranked 30th in the NHL. He still needs to bring the same effort each and every night.

Jensen played a decent game tonight as well. While didn't factor into the scoring, he was still buzzing around in the offensive zone.

Hodgson 1st & 2nd line minutes/line mates: 61 gp 20 even strength points

Kassian 3rd & 4th line minutes/line mates: 64 gp 22 even strength points

The way Kassian has played as this season has rolled on has me hoping he gets his top 6 shot next season. The way he's held checkers off while protecting the puck, his passing and his backing checking has really impressed me. He's just gotten better as the season has progressed. Consistancy will come. As is I really do think he's already a better all round player than Hodgson.

Funny how Hodgsons point production dropped as soon as Vanek was moved.

Soooo..... is Kassian good again or something?

Give it time. This is CDC, people will be complaining about him again sooner or later... lol Just recently there were people wanting to trade him back to the Sabres.

One of the reasons that everybody is stoked is because Kass is on an upswing right now and is showing that he can become the player everybody wants him to be, and CoHo has been stagnant.

A lot of people (myself included) have said all along that the Kass/CoHo trade was an even trade and now it's starting to show.

This thread is a nice way for some people to say f.u. to the people that have been complaining about the trade ever since it happened.

If Booth goes on a goal scoring binge, then you'll start seeing the "Booth just needed confidence" threads instead of the trade/buyout ones. :rolleyes:

Mathias, Horvat, Kassian-3rd line next year, big fast line to protect Bo and develop into a premier shutdown line.

I'm okay with this even though kass has played well enough to earn a top 6 next season. no one will fuck with bo when those monsters are on the ice.

Yeah, Kassian does have some consistency issues but they have been magnified by his linemates' lack of finish. He wasn't passing the puck any better than usual last night, it's just that for once his linemates sealed the deal. Why Torts can't see his way to putting Kassian on Kessler's right wing is a true mystery. He's the playmaker Kes needs, and would learn a lot from playing with him and Higgins.

easy... by pointing out Hodgson has 10 more points this season than Kas. Not a Hodgson lover or Kass hater and certaintly don't want to take anything away from Kas's great game but this bandwagon jumping is making me tired. Yesterday most of the people on here wanted MG fired and used the Hodgson/Kass trade as a reason why, now you are all back on the Zac bandwagon.

I know no bandwagon. The kids on the cdc keepa drinkin the koolaid. Our team sucks. Ok. Ok. Good talk. I wish we could trade alot of you so called "fans"

Since december kassian has consistently improved every game. Besides the odd night off he takes hes developing into a hartnell or bertuzzi.

Certain posters ahould stop generalizing cdc opinons as a whole. No one in the majority has said the kassian trade has been bad.

Anyone watching the canucks at the time of the trade have seen kassian go from invisible to making a highlight play at least 3 times a game. It was 4 times last night.

Go Zack "the little rascal" Kassian.

Johny from vancouver can cry in his bed tonight knowing co ho has peaked.

Since december kassian has consistently improved every game. Besides the odd night off he takes hes developing into a hartnell or bertuzzi.

Certain posters ahould stop generalizing cdc opinons as a whole. No one in the majority has said the kassian trade has been bad.

Anyone watching the canucks at the time of the trade have seen kassian go from invisible to making a highlight play at least 3 times a game. It was 4 times last night.

Go Zack "the little rascal" Kassian.

Johny from vancouver can cry in his bed tonight knowing co ho has peaked.

Unless I'm forgetting someones post, I don't think anybody said that the majority of people thought it was a bad trade. Although I do only quickly skim some posts when I'm catching up to a conversation thread. For quite some time after it happened a whole heck of a lot of people did complain loudly, but fortunately it's slowed down to a trickle.

Archived