The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Niederreiter's hit on Burrows

alt kilgore

Remember....

"Although Hertl is leaning forward, the position of his head does not materially change immediately prior to, or simultaneous with the hit that significantly contributes to this head contact," said Shanahan. "Aside from his helmet popping up into the air, Hertl's reaction to this hit -- getting spun rather than getting driven into the direction Edler was travelling -- reaffirms our view that his head is the main point of contact."

(source)

Huh. Burrows' head didn't change position prior to the hit, but Niederreiter's body did raise up. And Burrows was clearly spun around as a result of the contact. If that's proof that it was a head hit when it was Edler, why is it ignored now completely?!

The way they show the angle that works for them and then explains based on that? Absolute manipulation and BS. So transparent and utterly disappointing. You can't fool all the hockey fans all the time. Some of us see right through how they slant things to make their case. Pathetic. Over it. WWENHL. I won't ever count on fairness or even winning....just along for the ride now.

For a group that's supposed to be committed to "Player Safety" they sure don't like to make the game safer for players. It doesn't even seem like any fault is to NN. No "next time just don't make that hit" or "try to keep low and square to avoid the head and only hit shoulder/chest area" seems like all they have said is "clean hit, we want more players to hit like this"

I'm not venting here anymore...I've totally unloaded my thoughts and directed them where they should go...to the deaf, dumb and blind mutes over at NHL Safety.

Here, go tell them what you think of their decision:

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/449253385703669760

Maybe they'll eventually get so tired of us nattering them that they'll actually do something right, just to shut us up?

I am relentless in this. I've had enough and the game as I knew it is dead. Not just this incident...everything. Every single stinking thing that reeks of corruption, bias, an agenda and an unlevel playing field. Helps to let it out.

Burr's been a warrior...whatever, hope one day the lawsuits pile up as players who weren't protected as they should be fight back.

They've made a mockery of this game. Guys in suits in a social club who don't have a clue. They'll (fans) drop like flies soon...no one needs this gong show.

"the reverse angle shows this most clearly" -- they cut off his head! Of course it shows the body contact!

This just made me even more angry at this hypocrite and his gang of thugs.

If you click the link it shows the full picture, and you can see Burrows' head in it. Of course, it's shoved to the side because it'd already been hit.

The truly concerning thing is that it looks like someone took a picture with their phone of their TV screen. WHY?! The NHL has access to multiple video angles, most if not all in HD I would think, so why does their only image of the hit look like a Samsung took a selfie?

What we all don't realize is that the NHL has their own forum with the topic 'Burrows-do we really need him'. Players like Weber and Neiderwhatever are probably getting cheques in the mail for taking out Burr. Canucks continue to be a joke to the NHL head office and another reason why the effort is just not there from our own players from time to time. I mean whats the point? They changed the game just so we can't be an elite team anymore!

If you click the link it shows the full picture, and you can see Burrows' head in it. Of course, it's shoved to the side because it'd already been hit.

The truly concerning thing is that it looks like someone took a picture with their phone of their TV screen. WHY?! The NHL has access to multiple video angles, most if not all in HD I would think, so why does their only image of the hit look like a Samsung took a selfie?

Ok, I see Burr's head (heading for the rafters!)

FOX TV. (nuf said?)

What the picture shows is NN's body slipping past Burr's body and sending his noodle flying.

This "through the body" stuff is a red herring.

He hit the head first, intentionally, and with no regard for Burr's safety.

Unfortunately for Burrows, the Canucks, "real" hockey fans, that's not good enough for BS (Brendan Shanahan).

Show the picture where there is no other contact than the head.

Don't show us FOX TV!

Words can not explain my fury and how hypocritical I think they are.

Members

PipPipPipPipPip

446 posts

Posted 3 minutes ago

@NHLPlayerSafety:

He does not "pick" the head as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension upward or outward

Words can not explain my fury and how hypocritical I think they are.

I barely know how to "copy and paste" so I hope this came out ok. (Tried to show BlueLemming's comment and previous quote.)

BS says, "He does not 'pick' the head as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension upward or outward."

Well, let's pick this apart:

1. If he doesn't pick the head because of blah, blah, or blah, doesn't that mean he still picks the head!

2. He didn't need to improve the poor timing or his angle of approach because he was going for the head and he hit it!

3. There was a movement upward and toward the head.

Even his excuse admits the head was targeted and successfully.

Fire Shanahan.

Sue the league.

Archived