The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Niederreiter's hit on Burrows

alt kilgore

Sorry I love Burrows but nothing wrong with that hit. Responsibility of a player to watch for the hit. The NHL is becoming a bit of a joke. Used to be that the physical game was respected. Now it is all about finger pointing after a player takes a hard hit. Great for the

presstitutes who get something to debate after the game I guess.

Sorry I love Burrows but nothing wrong with that hit. Responsibility of a player to watch for the hit. The NHL is becoming a bit of a joke. Used to be that the physical game was respected. Now it is all about finger pointing after a player takes a hard hit. Great for the

there's plenty wrong with the hit according to the rule book.

Apparently there will be no hearing for this hit. Neideriter will be playing tonight for the wild. Can post link, on iPhone.

Of course... what a surprise... pffft.

This was an unnecessary check in which Neiderreiter didn't have to do, seeing the player in the vulnerable position that he was. This was also an illegal check where the principal contact was striking the head.

But... since it's an American market, I guess they get a free pass.

Shanahan is just a puppet. How does he even sleep at night knowing that this is going on?

What an absolute joke this league is.

Pathetic.

As long as they pick and choose, they send a message that "you can get away with it". So much for cracking down on things...more that they're seeing which ones they can continue to ignore and sweep under the rug. Just glad Burr wasn't hurt. If this was on Crosby??

Someone will have serious injury again. Maybe the next lawsuit will be directed at the NHL and a workplace that doesn't know how to set clear boundaries that protect workers. Two bit hacks doing this stuff.

HarmlessSaneGerenuk.gif

845639951.gif

2 minute "Interference" on Nino Niederreiter...really?

A clear shot to the head IMO. His head moves first upon impact. I'm surprised he didn't get a concussion. It still could show up.

I think Niederreiter deserves at least a one or two game suspension.

as I said in another tread.......looked really bad from the original angle, from the back, but seeing it on the front angle, he hits his chest first it looks like. He does come up a bit, so maybe a game or two, but I think a penalty was enough.

thank you

as I said in another tread.......looked really bad from the original angle, from the back, but seeing it on the front angle, he hits his chest first it looks like. He does come up a bit, so maybe a game or two, but I think a penalty was enough.

This is all over the map.

He did, well maybe he didn't. He should but I don't think he should. You've just demonstrated, perfectly, how inconsistency works (or doesn't). If the league decides like this, then we're all doomed. Make clear lines in the sand and then don't waver. But this wishy washy thinking is dangerous...it protects no one.

And where is this front angle? If you have something, post it because these angles show he did come up (one of his skates actually leaves the ice) and got his elbows up too.

A game or two would suffice. It keeps the message of "no head shots" consistent.

If they keep leaving it open to interpretation, it won't do away with it. I thought that was the point - to get rid of head shots. Only some? Well that bloody well won't protect anyone.

Used to be that guys didn't wear helmets too but, in learning about the lingering effect of head shots and concussions, the league is supposed to be protecting against that. I'd like to hear explanations for ALL of them, even the ones they try to ignore and move quickly past. I want to hear why.

This was not the worst head hit ever but so what? It's a head shot. Some are targeting Burr as someone who's just had a broken jaw and going high in that. His elbows are up, connect with his head and Burr's helmet moves out of place. That happens with contact to the head, not the chest.

Don't be so quick to excuse every single thing against the Canucks.

This is all over the map.

He did, well maybe he didn't. He should but I don't think he should.

And where is this front angle? If you have something, post it because these angles show he did come up (one of his skates actually leaves the ice) and got his elbows up too.

A game or two would suffice. It keeps the message of "no head shots" consistent.

If they keep leaving it open to interpretation, it won't do away with it. I thought that was the point - to get rid of head shots. Only some? Well that bloody well won't protect anyone.

Used to be that guys didn't wear helmets too but, in learning about the lingering effect of head shots and concussions, the league is supposed to be protecting against that. I'd like to hear explanations for ALL of them, even the ones they try to ignore and move quickly past. I want to hear why.

It's a contact league Deb, hits will be made, people will get hurt.

Sorry, the front angle is the one where we can see Burr's face directly......you know, the one that shows NN's shoulder making contact with Burr's shoulder first. When I first saw the play I thought, like you, that it was a headshot, as it was a view from the numbers side. I saw the hit, the head snap back and NN's elbow come up.

However, the front angle gives us a much more definitive view of the play and we can see NN come in, make contact with Burr's shoulder, then (slightly) with the head, then the elbow come up on the follow through (which makes no contact whatsoever).

It's a good hit, and if Burr made it on NN, you would have absolutely no issue with it. If you (the general you) think that kind of hit needs to be taken out of hockey, then I fear for the future of the league. Hockey is a physical game where the physically dominant often have the upper hand, and that's the way it should stay.

It's a contact league Deb, hits will be made, people will get hurt.

Sorry, the front angle is the one where we can see Burr's face directly......you know, the one that shows NN's shoulder making contact with Burr's shoulder first. When I first saw the play I thought, like you, that it was a headshot, as it was a view from the numbers side. I saw the hit, the head snap back and NN's elbow come up.

However, the front angle gives us a much more definitive view of the play and we can see NN come in, make contact with Burr's shoulder, then (slightly) with the head, then the elbow come up on the follow through (which makes no contact whatsoever).

It's a good hit, and if Burr made it on NN, you would have absolutely no issue with it. If you (the general you) think that kind of hit needs to be taken out of hockey, then I fear for the future of the league. Hockey is a physical game where the physically dominant often have the upper hand, and that's the way it should stay.

I'd like to see this front angle.

Yes, it's a contact league but when hertl came in so low he was smelling the ice Edler was suspended for that. Burr got a shoulder to the head and regardless of intent that's automatic to be looked at by the league.

And maybe deb would be okay with Burr hitting NN but by how some post here others would be defending the inevitable suspension that Burr got for it.

Archived