The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ANA - 3/29/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Why not spend less and get someone who is actually willing to put in the effort all season, instead of in the last few weeks before his ass is about to be bought out?

Because we will likely have more cap space then we'll be able to spend.

Might as well keep Booth as a good third liner and fill in the rest of the lineup with youth.

No, but there are no top 6 players that will be available that will want to come here, or that we won't have to pay 7 million for.

If we're not going to be using the cap space on anyone else, might as well just keep Booth. He's not exactly hurting our chances.

I recognize I need to duck after I write this, but Gillis has done a heckuva a job at least this past year finding sufficient talent in otherwise piles of poo...Santo, Richie, Matthias, Fox...Booth can go, we need to resign Santo...

He has put in the effort all season.

I wouldn't count skating really fast and missing the net as trying his best, but okay.

Because we will likely have more cap space then we'll be able to spend.

Might as well keep Booth as a good third liner and fill in the rest of the lineup with youth.

So? Why do you have to spend as much as you can? That doesn't make any sense, especially if you could replace his spot in the roster with someone more useful.

So? Why do you have to spend as much as you can? That doesn't make any sense, especially if you could replace his spot in the roster with someone more useful.

Of course it does. We're not tanking next season, therefore we'll be spending right to the cap.

Why spend this long on a project player, only to give up on him right as he becomes the player we expected him to be?

Of course it does. We're not tanking next season, therefore we'll be spending right to the cap.

Why spend this long on a project player, only to give up on him right as he becomes the player we expected him to be?

Are you reading what I'm saying? I'm asking you if it makes sense to keep someone who's more expensive, but gives the team less. You're saying yes, because we need to spend to the cap?

What? Are you sure that's what you think, because I don't think that's what you should be thinking.

Torts has destroyed Jensens confidence. Kid looks like a shell of the guy 4 games ago.

This was what I was thinking ... another bone headed move by Torts in Colorado.

Kid is playing tentative now, afraid to make a mistake and end up in doghouse.

That's why Torts is NOT a good coach for rebuild or working with young talent.

Archived