The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler on Team1040: "Hopefully I can retire as a Canuck"

TheRussianRocket.

Too bad TSN's James Duthie isn't all that close to Kesler, so there will be no horrendously misleading interviews to infuriate us in the off-season. Instead it will be the same ol' blabbering by the hater panels.

Kesler isn't all that active on twitter either, so i'm not sure if he'll actively mock the Canucks post-trade. But he's likely to go on to win a cup with one of our competitors, so that's painful enough. Have we not reached our suffering quota yet? Okay then.

Fantastic. Kesler is the engine of this team. He's letting his true intentions be known.

Trading him for unproven prospects is too much of a risk, especially at the present juncture this team finds themselves in.

The fact that Gillis attempted to trade him, shows where he is with his players.

Engine seems to be stalled, probably time for an overhaul.

Well, what do you expect?

The kind of money these guys cost a team is no different than a race horse.

Yes, that's correct, hockey players are like race horses - wait until they are past their prime and you get nothing in return.

I wish the NHL would adopt the NFL "player release" clause.

If they want to go a different direction or don't like their performance, they can just cut them. No penalty. No CAP hit.

Their contract becomes null and void and they can sign elsewhere as a free agent.

Well, is Kesler past prime? Not so sure.

Mike Richards and Jeff Carter earned fairly decent returns for Philly. I'm not expecting anywhere close to that level, even though Kesler is an equal age comparable.

Lol what is he supposed to say? I want out? Obviously his agent and management have coached him to say this to get maximum value in the summer

Exactly! Also if he says he wants out, that makes him look bad, if he is only willing to go to one or two teams. If he makes it look more like they have asked him if he wouldn't mind being traded, then its fine if he will only select a couple teams he is willing to go to. Just seems bad form for a player with a NTC, demanding a trade, and picking the team.

Well, is Kesler past prime? Not so sure.

Mike Richards and Jeff Carter earned fairly decent returns for Philly. I'm not expecting anywhere close to that level, even though Kesler is an equal age comparable.

Lol

Richards got B.Schenn (top prospect), Simmonds (at the time a 2nd line youngster), and a 2nd. TSN and all major media stations said the general price for Kesler was a 1st, prospect, and a young roster player....that is even more than what Richards got in return lol and say what you want, teams will pay the price for Kes.

Lol

Richards got B.Schenn (top prospect), Simmonds (at the time a 2nd line youngster), and a 2nd. TSN and all major media stations said the general price for Kesler was a 1st, prospect, and a young roster player....that is even more than what Richards got in return lol and say what you want, teams will pay the price for Kes.

As I recall, the Pittsburgh rumours were quite underwhelming.

Kesler has checked out the since coming back from the leg injury, maybe he realized the team is going nowhere with Torts but still should have given his all to show people he still wants to be a Canuck. Guys like Booth, Kassian, Richie have outplayed him and taken the team on their back when the chips are down. If he wants to be a Canuck for life then show it instead of yapping about it on the radio.

Luongo just moved his wife back and put his kid in private school in Kerrisdale and look how that ended.

I think the point is that he has no intention of leaving not that somehow paying for private school turns his NTC into a super NTC.

It's pretty well know that Kes isn't a fan of Torts, so by him saying he's staying here, the writing is on the wall for Torts

I have heard very little about the relationship Kes has with Torts other than what some have speculated. Is there/ has there been any bonofide info been expressed in that regard or is it all act words, unsubstantiated. Did Kesler not give sTorys a vote of confidence when he was first hired by saying something to the effect "that it was good to know he (Torts) was going to hold players responsible". Those may not be the exact words but I clearly recall Kesler saying something like that on Sportsnet.

Archived