The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

So many beers, so much turkey and gravy. What a great way to spend some time with family and friends while yelling at the TV while the Jays come back in the series. Today's homerun derby reminded me of regular season Blue Jays baseball. Colabello earning his spot in the lineup.

Those Astros though. Damn, that's rough.

If you have them, don't forget to remove alerts from your phone. Burned me once, never again.

Yeah thanks, that's a good point. When I record a game I don't even pay attention to my phone until I catch up. It may as well be off.

Can they please just lose already? Then we can hear more hockey talk. On Melmac we spit on that which we don't like to hear about. I spit on baseball, football, basketball (gets two - no three spits), and ? You choose that sport to spit on. :)

So you would rather listen to more Leafs talk than baseball talk?

Good point it was just bad luck but I blamed Pillar because he has to know the situation. He's at third base with only ONE out and the infield IN with Revere batting and Donaldson, Bautista and Encarnacion coming up. If I were him I'd make sure that the ball goes out of the infield and then run. I wouldn't risk getting DP'd with the big bats coming up. Donaldson even said they had base running mistakes but they won so it doesn't really matter now.

Hope we win game 4. In Dickey we trust.

This topic is two days old, so I won't spend a bunch more time on it, but You still don't seem to understand....

The whole idea of the contact play is that you go on contact. You don't wait to see if the ball goes through. This play is called from the dugout, not by the player who is on base.

The idea is that the player can score on any ground ball, as long as it isn't hit directly back to the pitcher. Sometimes, a team will be unlucky and the ball will be a line drive directly at an infielder. It's not a common happening, so the contact play is considered a bit of a low risk gamble. However, it is a gamble, as we saw on this particular play.

Enough said about that. As to yesterday's game:

I too am disappointed at RA getting the hook after 4.2 innings and although he was putting a brave face on, he was as well. That being said, I understand Gibby's thinking. Choo was already 2 for 2 and had good career numbers against Dickey. Gibby didn't want to see the Rangers given any hope, so he brought in the lefty Price to face the Rangers' big lefties.

Personally, I would have given RA the chance to get Choo out and if he was unsuccessful, bring in Price to face Beltre and the two big lefties.

That being said, I have to cut Gibby some slack. Since the injury to Cecil, he has limited options for lefty relief and Price is a weapon he may have to employ in non-traditional situations. Results are what matters and so far at least, the results are there.

TBH, I'm comfortable with Stro starting game 5 and Marco getting game one in the ALCS, if the Jays can get there.

I am not even Cubs fan, but it's hard not to cheer for them.

Longest title drought in professional sports

Same here, they beat PIT in the wild card game and now beat Cards 3-1. Those are the 2 best reg season teams in MLB. Even my gf is cheering for them now. Good team with some good young players, easy to cheer for.

G0 JAYS!!!

Same here, they beat PIT in the wild card game and now beat Cards 3-1. Those are the 2 best reg season teams in MLB. Even my gf is cheering for them now. Good team with some good young players, easy to cheer for.

G0 JAYS!!!

Friend of mine predicted Jays Cubs World series long time ago.

Looks like he might be getting closer to his prediction.

Blue Jays have very good team indeed.

G0 JAYS!!!

I have always been a closet Cubs fan and I love their Park....I can see JD jerking a few over the ivy covered walls now.