The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Bandwagon fan here but they did well proud of them and they brought lots of canada together to cheer them on.. crap HR call and strike call but that's to be expected when it's a Canadian team vsing an American club in America's favorite  past time... with that being said they Def shouldnt have won stranding that many runners on base 

0-12 with Runners in scoring position. It's almost unfathomable, really.

Shouldn't have even been 4-3 if the right call was made on the "home run".

There was definitely some questionable calls all series.

we all know mlb wont give calls to the blue jays..  they dont want canada in the world series, will hurt their ratings...  but its not like the royals will have a big fan base..

if u go 0 for 11 with RISP, u deserve to lose... :(

Looking forward to next season, it will be interesting to see what they do with the rotation, as the positional guys are all under control. Price, Estrada, Beurle, and Dickey all expiring. I hope they can re-sign Price, and if not, Estrada. It will be an interesting couple of months, but letting go of that 9th inning will be tough. Even with that blown strike call, they had enough chances. Martin and Pompey gave them that.

I hope the Jays learn and grow from this experience and come back better next year. I think it's safe to say Price is gone. But we still have the Big 3 plus Tulowitzki. Also Stroman and Estrada(hopefully.) That's a solid foundation to build off. I really hope this loss doesn't have the affect on the Jays that the 2011 Finals had on Vancouver. This is a great team, and I can see a WS in the very near future. I think the bullpen needs to be addressed most. Let us down quite a lot. Build the pitching up, and come back at er! Go Jays Go!

It's a little tough to have of these exact situations in one year:

pete-carroll-meme.jpg

Unnecessarily unsafe plays throwing away something that was in the bag.

I'm going to go play Fallout or something to get my mind off of this. I'm sure traversing a Nuclear wasteland will be less depressing than this, lol.

How do you go about improving with RISP? Obviously that killed them here and hurt them all season even with the best offense in the league. Like, who do you get rid of, bring in? Someone mentioned Devon Travis. I looked him up but I don't know why he's better at that than most of the guys here.

On the bright side though - nobody expected the Jays to even be here. This miraculous run was not miraculous but it was impressive as hell. Win/lose scenario at best if you ask me.

So how about that 3-2 slider? :lol: 

Too soon?

Nothing on the pitching. RISP is the answer. Baffled how they couldn't score in Pompey but hey, when we get a chance to gather our emotions  and look back at this year, will arguably be one of the greatest Jays teams ever essembled. 

Spoiled to have watched what we did. I hope like KC we can get better and one up next season. It's on Rogers if their selfish hands can lend some money and let us continue to be a juggernaut. Idk why they wouldn't be able to - other than selfish gain. Winning = more tickets/ratings/money. Pay it back and invest on the team. Prime position to win.

And although we lost, Blue Jays put themselves on the map. The entire MLB world knows of them now and will be a top destination for any player. Not to mention the heart of an entire nation coast to coast. Man so many mixed emotions. Bitter sweat for sure. Don't think we'll ever have a team like this again unless Rogers is willing to. I'm praying they do. There is no risk at all. Just more gain for them. Please.

• Upvote 1

They really had a great year...the second half of the season they were the best team in ball...their hitting and pitching let them down when it mattered but a great run..Im choked its over and I hope the Mets sweep the Royals..arrogant team   but I have to admit they are good.....Jays next year!

It's a shame, but the better team won.

gaps to fill include bullpen. Even with Cecil back, they are not deep enough.

Sanchez and Osuna will get better. Valuable experience for both of them.

Dickey did his job in div series, but stunk it up in ACLS.

Estrada proved he is a great performer. jays should sign him.

price has been great in reg season, and wasn't as reliable in playoffs. But other than that one bad 7th inning, he wasn't bad. I can see him sign on if the price is right.

Edited by Jaimito

I think the bullpen needs to be addressed most. Let us down quite a lot. Build the pitching up, and come back at er! Go Jays Go!

most definitely. Even if we lose Price (post game presser he's very much open to returning), we keep this offense together. If they can even come close to how they hit the bats this year and repeat it next year and a top end bullpen, we can beat any team. Bullpen clearly is the weak point.  

most definitely. Even if we lose Price (post game presser he's very much open to returning), we keep this offense together. If they can even come close to how they hit the bats this year and repeat it next year and a top end bullpen, we can beat any team. Bullpen clearly is the weak point.  

I'd keep Osuna and Cecil for sure. I'd let Hawkins walk, and Loup... eeeeh. We NEED to get Estrada back though. Wow did he come out from nowhere. Maybe relegate Dickey to the bullpen if he doesn't retire as well. I don't think he's starting material anymore. Give Hendrix a shot.

Edited by HC20.0