The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

10 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Do they mean the whole field is now dirt as opposed to turf before?

No...just the infield...

How come Dan Shulman is calling the game tonight?

Just googled..Shulman is doing 30 games this year and next...why I dont know..I like Buck and Tabby ...but anyway..he is good.

Edited by ShakyWalton

^^

Some things never change. The cost it would have took to keep Price they spent on like 4-5 other pitcher's, none of which are anywhere close to Price. The old saying "you get what you pay for" rings so true. The money they had to spend instead of re-signing Price they didn't even get any of top end relievers. The only good reliever/pitcher they added was Drew Storen. I can't believe Cecil lost the game the other night. He's been pretty good.and is usually lights out.

Edited by the last outlaw

This one's on Gibby. Yanked Stroman out too early imho. Wasn't struggling at all and was showing no signs of wearing down atm. And tbh if you really do believe he's your #1, these are the situations you leave him in and see how he handles the pressure and odds are he wouldn't have gave up a grandslam. Not to mention was pretty questionable brining in Chavez as well. Should've brought in someone more automatic to get out of the jam since he did pull Stroman for no real reason. 

This game was the Jays to lose and they lost it/are losing it. Pretty disappointed start to the season tbh...not paying Price and using that money on other pitchers taking the quantitative route is showing. Any day of the week, I'd take Price having a rotation of Price/Stroman/Estrada/Dickey(soon to retire or decline option)/Sanchez than what we currently have. That's pretty

much 3 wins out of 5 games and good odds of getting the 4th win as well.

...Price over Happ+Chavez+Dickey any day of the week. What's done is done so we'll see what happens. But still sticking to my original thoughts. Team has clearly downgraded and won't be able to rely on the offense to win games as much as they did last year due to the decline of quality of pitcher or in this case, lack of.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Jays are a better team with Sanchez in the pen

True. But then the chances of your starters winning games goes down. Stroman/Estrada/Sanchez (so far) are 3 guys who likely give you a W. Take out Sanchez and you're left with 2.

What a huge letdown ... up 7-2 at one point and lost 8-7.  Following in the footsteps of Canadian NHL teams ... going to be a long season for the Jays.  All of a sudden, they are 2-3.  Where is that breakout year?  They should be 5-0  

Edited by Neversummer