The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Jays game at 10:37 pacific

Jays are42-36, hosting Oakland 20-59

Probable pitchers are

Kikuchi 6-2 3.97 era 77 So versus  Medina 1-6 7.01 era 41 So

Jays currently in a wild card spot, but 10 or 11 games behind Tampa for first. I say 10 or 11 because Tampa has 53 wins, which is 11 games up but the graphic i read show 10 games behind, am I missing something?

East W-L PCT GB WCGB L10 STRK
Logo of the Tampa Bay Rays
Rays 53-27 .663 - - 5-5 L1
Logo of the Baltimore Orioles
Orioles 46-29 .613 4.5 +5.5 5-5 W1
Logo of the New York Yankees
Yankees 42-35 .545 9.5 +0.5 4-6 W1
Logo of the Toronto Blue Jays
Blue Jays 42-36 .538 10 - 5-5 W1
Logo of the Boston Red Sox
Red Sox 40-38 .513 12 2 7-3 L1

A bit off topic, but did anyone catch the highlights of the Astros-Dodgers last night? The game winning run came on a balk by Astros pitcher Ryne Stanek, with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Dusty Baker and the rest of the coaching staff looked mystified at the call and Stanek basically lost his mind, but from the footage I've seen, it was clearly a balk. I'm curious to see what others think.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A bit off topic, but did anyone catch the highlights of the Astros-Dodgers last night? The game winning run came on a balk by Astros pitcher Ryne Stanek, with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Dusty Baker and the rest of the coaching staff looked mystified at the call and Stanek basically lost his mind, but from the footage I've seen, it was clearly a balk. I'm curious to see what others think.

I thought it was a balk too. That was an all-time freakout by Stanek though. Once he got to the dugout I was just waiting for him to beat the shit out of the Gatorade cooler like Brian Wilson did.

• Cheers 1

Springer moves into second place in career lead off homers, with 55.

Ricky Henderson has 81

George has played since 2014      9 seasons equals 6.11 lead offs per season

Ricky played1979-2003               24 seasons             3.375 lead homers

4 or 5 more years and George could be number one, all time

On 6/21/2023 at 12:17 AM, shiznak said:

It seem like the only time the Jays win is when every another AL East team wins as well. So they don’t gain any ground. 

They are in a playoff spot right now, but it's been a weird season

If they can:

1. Generate more offense

2. Win more divisional games

They'll make it

11 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I thought it was a balk too. That was an all-time freakout by Stanek though. Once he got to the dugout I was just waiting for him to beat the shit out of the Gatorade cooler just like Brian Wilson did.

FIFY to make it sound like an alternative Barenaked Ladies lyric.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's a WHIP of 4.5.

The Yankees had three 20 year olds hitting in the 7/8/9 spots, the rest of the lineup was teenagers. Not good for Manoah. There's some pretty elite travel ball in Florida for the summer though, maybe his next stop is rehabbing with an elite AAU team?

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's a WHIP of 4.5.

That is just ugly and against a bunch of kids. It may be a long road back or if it isn't going to work out shut him down the rest of the year and focus on next season for him. 

4 minutes ago, van_ws said:

That is just ugly and against a bunch of kids. It may be a long road back or if it isn't going to work out shut him down the rest of the year and focus on next season for him. 

Start with a good physical fitness regimen.  The pitch clock seems to be a big issue for him and losing the weight could help with that.

• Vintage 1

Maybe I'm too close to it, but I am so sick of watching guys swing at garbage pitches, as soon as they have a guy in scoring position....<_<

Jansen's AB with Varsho on 3rd was brutal...3-1 count and he swings a consecutive pitches a foot outside..... Then Biggio comes up and follows suit....:picard:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Maybe I'm too close to it, but I am so sick of watching guys swing at garbage pitches, as soon as they have a guy in scoring position....<_<

Jansen's AB with Varsho on 3rd was brutal...3-1 count and he swings a consecutive pitches a foot outside..... Then Biggio comes up and follows suit....:picard:

They lead the league in runners left on base. You'd think Mattingly could fix that. Wasted a real good outing from Gausman.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1