The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

For anyone who's interested in the other games being televised for the Canadians this year on Sportsnet.

Vancouver Canadians release broadcast schedule for TV, radio

The Canadians will play their first Sportsnet Pacific TV game on June 15 against the Spokane Indians.

The Vancouver Canadians will have six of their Northwest League games aired nationally on Sportsnet Pacific this season.

The Canadians, the short-season single A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, will play their first TV game on June 15 against the Spokane Indians. The other Sportsnet Pacific games are: June 29 against Spokane; July 20 against Tri City Dust Devils; Aug. 10 against Everett Aquasox; Aug. 17 against Boise Hawks; and Aug. 28 against Tri City.

All six TV games are 7 p.m. starts at Nat Bailey Stadium.

Rob Fai, the long-time radio voice of the Canadians, will call all the Sportsnet Pacific games with former Toronto Blue Jays all-star Ricky Romero providing colour commentary and Caroline Frolic serving as the in-game host.

The team will also have 72 of its 76 games broadcast on Sportsnet 650 radio with Fai behind the mic.

https://theprovince.com/sports/baseball/vancouver-canadians-release-broadcast-schedule-for-tv-radio

On 6/15/2019 at 8:14 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

For the first time ever the Vancouver Canadians are being televised on Sportsnet Pacific tonight, and Rickey Romero is doing the broadcasting as well.

I was at this game! Got tix for the one on July 20th as well. Anyone that hasn't been to a Canadians game should go; it's a great way to spend an afternoon/evening.

They even won! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Another good start by Stro last night....all for naught as the Jays bats were once again silenced by a pitcher few of us have ever heard of...<_<

Rumors of a Stroman trade are heating up and TBH, I see this as a positive. Stroman won't be the same pitcher by the time the Jays are a realistic contender again, so it makes sense to trade high on him. (Personally, I wanted to trade him after he won the MVP at the World Baseball Classic)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Another good start by Stro last night....all for naught as the Jays bats were once again silenced by a pitcher few of us have ever heard of...<_<

Rumors of a Stroman trade are heating up and TBH, I see this as a positive. Stroman won't be the same pitcher by the time the Jays are a realistic contender again, so it makes sense to trade high on him. (Personally, I wanted to trade him after he won the MVP at the World Baseball Classic)

Yup, Jays need to rebuild.  Hopefully, Stroman can return some good young arms for the future.  I remember when Seattle got a young Randy Johnson in a trade for an experienced pitcher.  Fingers crossed there is another arm like that coming back for Stroman.  

13 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Nasty lineup, especially with Judge/Stanton getting healthy, and Gary Sanchez playing actual baseball this year. Clint for Stro and we are set

Yeah pretty deep lineup disgusting actually, but it should be you guys vs Dodgers in World Series my prediction.

I don't know if I'm sold on that Clint for Stro deal that someone keeps asking you about, especially now seeing they sent him back down. And now seeing he's not even showing up to triple A yeah I'll pass.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah pretty deep lineup disgusting actually, but it should be you guys vs Dodgers in World Series my prediction.

I don't know if I'm sold on that Clint for Stro deal that someone keeps asking you about, especially now seeing they sent him back down. And now seeing he's not even showing up to triple A yeah I'll pass.

I’d take it and run. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I’d take it and run. 

As would I. (BTW Chuck, it was me trying to swing the deal with Reggie. Have been for a couple of seasons and FTR he accepted)

https://www.mlb.com/news/indians-prospect-clint-frazier-scouting-report/c-157028552

Still, the demotion might even be an advantage, as they could reasonably request the Yanks add to make the deal happen: NY doresn't have any room for Frazier in the outfield. They definitely do have room for Stroman in the rotation.

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, coastal.view said:

true

just turn off your tv for a season or 2

until they decide to field a major league roster

not worth wasting time on them this season

maybe watch a few games when guerrero gets called up

but there really is nothing to see here this season

Wow, what a fairweather fan.   You are as bad as those people "embarrassed" that the Canucks didn't win in 2011.

The Blue Jays in 2019 are a very interesting team to follow.   You are getting glimpses at as few as three and as many as six or seven players with legitimate star potential for their careers.    Watching young players develop is far more compelling than watching a .500 team full of veterans.    

Your "nothing to see this season" is so "anti-fan" in terms of what fans (real fans) care about.   Watching the first games from players like Vlad, Biggio, Bo (likely) and the further development of Jr., Grich etc. is as good as it gets for those wanting to see young players getting their feet wet.     Pearson may even get some innings as the year moves along.     

"Fans" who only watch if their team is winning are not, in my books, fans at all.   

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You hadn't heard of Skaggs?!   You follow ball?    Tyler, who is same age as Stroman, was a very high pick right out of high school (40th overall in 2009, whereas Stroman was picked three years later out of University).   While he was with Diamondbacks organization, he was their Vlad (in 2013 he entered the season as the No. 1 prospect in the their organization as ranked by both by Baseball America and MLB.com).   Always had a lively and dominant arm but has had control issues at times so far in his still old career.   He is 28 and this is a big year for him for sure but for a big lefty, he is a coveted arm and most any team in MLB would have him in their rotation.    

I realize this is a Jays discussion topic but didn't think it fair to characterize the pitcher from that game as someone "few of us have heard of" as if you follow ball at all, chances are not only have you heard of Tyler you probably have followed his career just as hockey fans will have followed most top picks that have made it to NHL.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You hadn't heard of Skaggs?!   You follow ball?    Tyler, who is same age as Stroman, was a very high pick right out of high school (40th overall in 2009, whereas Stroman was picked three years later out of University).   While he was with Diamondbacks organization, he was their Vlad (in 2013 he entered the season as the No. 1 prospect in the their organization as ranked by both by Baseball America and MLB.com).   Always had a lively and dominant arm but has had control issues at times so far in his still old career.   He is 28 and this is a big year for him for sure but for a big lefty, he is a coveted arm and most any team in MLB would have him in their rotation.    

I realize this is a Jays discussion topic but didn't think it fair to characterize the pitcher from that game as someone "few of us have heard of" as if you follow ball at all, chances are not only have you heard of Tyler you probably have followed his career just as hockey fans will have followed most top picks that have made it to NHL.

I guess it's a question of what the definition of "follow ball" is.....

If it's "Do you follow the career of a pitcher in a different division who was drafted 10 years ago, has a lifetime ERA of 4.45 and a W-L record of 27-37", then I guess the answer is. "No, I don't follow ball"....:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I guess it's a question of what the definition of "follow ball" is.....

If it's "Do you follow the career of a pitcher in a different division who was drafted 10 years ago, has a lifetime ERA of 4.45 and a W-L record of 27-37", then I guess the answer is. "No, I don't follow ball"....:rolleyes:

An equivalent hockey player would be, for example, a Kris Russell or a Brayden Schenn.    You likely would easily recognize those names hence you follow hockey.   Baseball is clearly something you pay attention to if one or two teams are winning and/or you hear a dozen or so names.   It isn't a big deal, just means you are not a baseball fan.   I don't follow cricket.   It happens.