The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Bryce Harper is another one you wonder about...very Troutesque.

Tough to say with him. I saw Harper play when he was 16 (his last year of high school) and you could see this coming. If he has used or is currently using PED's I'd think he's been doing it since he was 16 or younger.

You've GOT to think that with the whole A-Rod situation recently that the league is testing players they suspect might have an artificial edge a bit more frequently. I mean didn't Bautista get tested twice a season or something when he broke out with 50 dingers in 2010? Guy doesn't even look ripped/jacked, so I'd like to think Trout hasn't slid under the radar.

Unless of course, it's a cover-up.

Re: Donaldson vs Grey

Donaldson has been damn near fantastic this season. Not just his offence, but he makes some incredible throws from the 3rd base line. Hell of an arm. As an armchair MLB fan, and typically one that tunes in around playoffs, I'm not to familiar with Grey, but to put it into Jays perspective would it be fair to rephrase the question as "Would you rather have Donaldson in his prime over Roy Halladay in his"?

Halladay is one of my favourite pitchers, damn near 8 innings guaranteed when he starts. It's tough to pick one guy or the other as they both offer strengths in different areas.

I'm not really sure but are steroids legal in baseball? I'm not necessarily saying anything....but I don't think Trout ever skips neck-day in the gym.

Trout has to have juiced. The neck is a dead giveaway.

Bryce Harper has the oddest looking jawline I've seen. That dude looks weird af

Despite the fact that we are still a 1/2 game back we are in a better position than we were when we were up by the same margin last week.

We have the same amount of wins but, more importantly, only one loss behind NY.

Last week we were three losses back even when we were in 1st place.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I was just reading an article about MVP candidates and I was like holy mofo...that dude is juicing.

The guys that make me wonder are the guys that get big too quickly. Trout's been built like a tank since I first saw him, so if he's juicing, he's been doing it for a while.

Think back to the early days in the careers of guys like A-Rod, Sosa and Bonds. They were actually on the skinny side. They were different people when they were throwing up those big power numbers. The New York fans can celebrate all of A-Rods "accomplishments" if they like, but to me, none of them matter.

Ditto Bonds and McGwire. In my mind, Aaron and Maris are still the record holders.

I also am a bit skeptical of average sized guys who manage one big offensive season that isn't in keeping with the rest of their careers. Brady Anderson, Brett Boone and Luis Gonzalez all come to mind...

That isn't to say that every big power hitter is juicing. There are physically gifted players out there. Aaron, Ruth, Mantle, Griffey, Maris, etc., the list goes on and on. There are far more players doing it the right way then there are cheaters. Trout gets the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

Despite the fact that we are still a 1/2 game back we are in a better position than we were when we were up by the same margin last week.

We have the same amount of wins but, more importantly, only one loss behind NY.

Last week we were three losses back even when we were in 1st place.

Good point. I really want to see if the pitching mini-slump was an aberration as well.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

The guys that make me wonder are the guys that get big too quickly. Trout's been built like a tank since I first saw him, so if he's juicing, he's been doing it for a while.

Think back to the early days in the careers of guys like A-Rod, Sosa and Bonds. They were actually on the skinny side. They were different people when they were throwing up those big power numbers. The New York fans can celebrate all of A-Rods "accomplishments" if they like, but to me, none of them matter.

Ditto Bonds and McGwire. In my mind, Aaron and Maris are still the record holders.

I also am a bit skeptical of average sized guys who manage one big offensive season that isn't in keeping with the rest of their careers. Brady Anderson, Brett Boone and Luis Gonzalez all come to mind...

That isn't to say that every big power hitter is juicing. There are physically gifted players out there. Aaron, Ruth, Mantle, Griffey, Maris, etc., the list goes on and on. There are far more players doing it the right way then there are cheaters. Trout gets the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

Good point. I really want to see if the pitching mini-slump was an aberration as well.

Don't forget Frank Thomas. Thomas and Griffey, I think, could have been the top two power hitters of the era if it wasn't for steroids.