The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I've always bashed Cecil but right now I love him!! Sanchez just lost his spot. I wouldn't mind Cecil pitching in the 8th or be the closer. He has been lights out!!

Same when he was a starter didn't like him, and even when he went to the bullpen still wasn't excited about the guy. But hats off to Cecil, he has obviously worked at becoming a better pitcher out of a newer position, he has grown on me and after that outing how can you not like him lol.

Well lets hope Osuna doesn't do what Sanchez did... Hopefully he learned from Saturday

TSN is reporting that the Jays are moving Sanchez out of the setup role (at least for the time being). The story originally came from MLB.com's Gregor Chisholm. http://www.tsn.ca/jays-sanchez-out-of-primary-set-up-role-1.364872

My guess is the Lowe will be the de facto 8th inning guy, with Cecil getting the nod if there are lefties coming up.

As far as Osuna goes, I read a report the other day that showed he gives an extremely high rate of fly balls as opposed to ground balls. It stands to reason that they are going to leave the yard occasionally.

TSN is reporting that the Jays are moving Sanchez out of the setup role (at least for the time being). The story originally came from MLB.com's Gregor Chisholm. http://www.tsn.ca/jays-sanchez-out-of-primary-set-up-role-1.364872

My guess is the Lowe will be the de facto 8th inning guy, with Cecil getting the nod if there are lefties coming up.

As far as Osuna goes, I read a report the other day that showed he gives an extremely high rate of fly balls as opposed to ground balls. It stands to reason that they are going to leave the yard occasionally.

I'm okay with this. He's young and has looked good this season, but I'm now afraid when he comes out.

I'm okay with this. He's young and has looked good this season, but I'm now afraid when he comes out.

Osuna? Yeah, it was probably inevitable that he had a few hiccups along the way. The kid's only 20 and to expect him to be perfect is probably unrealistic.

The good new is, he has great stuff and if he avoids walking opposition batters, he can probably survive giving up the odd gofer ball...