The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

If Sox and KC lose tonight, Gibbons might feel that its a real good idea to give a few guys a rest tomorrow evening. Jays could lose both and still remain ahead of the Royals.

I kind of hope they use the opportunity to put the pedal to the metal, give themselves some distance between themselves an Royals, giving them time to rest vets worry-free.

Edited by Down by the River

Yanks are done. I am guessing if they win the first game of the DH tomorrow, most of the regulars get the second game off.

But yeah, its hard to tell how they celebrate if they win game one. All party on the field for 10 minutes, then change for the next game? Sweeping the DH really puts the pressure on KC.

But really nice they wrapped it up this early.....nobody could have hoped for better.....they can get their rotation all set up and rested for the wild card champ

Edited by BCNeil

If Sox and KC lose tonight, Gibbons might feel that its a real good idea to give a few guys a rest tomorrow evening. Jays could lose both and still remain ahead of the Royals.

I kind of hope they use the opportunity to put the pedal to the metal, give themselves some distance between themselves an Royals, giving them time to rest vets worry-free.

Like Neil said, it's my guess that if the Jays can win game 1 of the double dip, we'll see a much different lineup for game two.

In fact, as Gibby would basically be playing with house money (2 games up on the Royals) I'd advocate a complete lineup change: Pompey and Carrera in the outfield, Barney, Pennington and Moony in the infield with Hague and Colabello covering first and DH, Navarro behind the plate...

The only caveat for me would be if Tulo says he's ready to go. If that was the case, I'd sit Pennington as well.

With the rainout last night in Baltimore. I wonder what the players did. If they watched the Yankees game then KC game on TV.

Probably like a dry celebration all evening. Since the best the Yanks can get now is a tiebreaker game.

That means they really need to win 6 in a row, with the Jays losing 7 straight.

Also Baltimore is way out of it. Their game 2 roster is going to be the backups too.

With the rainout last night in Baltimore. I wonder what the players did. If they watched the Yankees game then KC game on TV.

Probably like a dry celebration all evening. Since the best the Yanks can get now is a tiebreaker game.

That means they really need to win 6 in a row, with the Jays losing 7 straight.

Also Baltimore is way out of it. Their game 2 roster is going to be the backups too.

Im expecting atleast a win. It'll be sad if we don't.