The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Hazel Mae getting baptized!

Griffey Jr was my idol growing up, still think he was one of the best to ever play this game and he did it without cheating (steroids), like all the others who he played against.

The game you speak of is NES, but yes was a good game, but was playing to much NHL 94 on sega at that time lol. I still think MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr for N64 was one of the best ones, played hours and hours of that game.

You're right, I confused it with World Series Baseball for Sega, which was also amazing.

I didn't know it at the time since I was only 12+ years old, but looking back now I can appreciate more what Griffey did. So much cheating during that time, and he was an amazing player.

I thought canuck fans hated toronto. You even had billboards made up in vancouver dissing their city a few years ago. Your newspapers diss their city when the leafs visit. Which is it or are you part time toronto haters.

Fair observations - and yes, there would appear to be a contradiction there.

I certainly am not going to deny that I 'hate' Toronto. The unfounded arrogance and mythological center-of-the-universe complex definitely warrants it, wholeheartedly.

But there are some subtleties that apply imo.

First of all the Leafs are a whole other level of annoying - their media apologists etc.

I grew up force fed the Leafs every Saturday night - there was no SNet, TSN etc - there was CBC HNIC and it was regionally dominated by grotesque levels of Leaf peddling. It still underlies things imo, stemmed only by the fact that they are a pathetic franchise, hopelessly mismanaged for so long - something most of us are probably thankful to be spared - Leafs success. (That said, if they weren't so dumb - and Torontonian in the end - I might actually not mind them rising to competency)

However, baseball is a different animal imo. I grew up with two options, three if you include the Mariners. Loved the Expos and secondly loved the Blue Jays. Robbed of the Expos - it leaves a fairly undivided option of loyalties.

Fond memories of Exhibition stadium - watching Dave Stieb, George Bell, Alfredo Griffin, Tony Fernandez, Lloyd Moseby, Whitt, Barfield, Key, Martinez... That has a way of staying with you.

It was Canada vs the US, and I suppose it still is. It probably can't be understated how much it annoyed America to have the World Series go North.

It's all we have up here and so we forgive them for being from Toronto - and really, there is a different vibe relative to the rest of the country.

Very happy for Bautista today. Finally gets a taste of the PS.

Edited by oldnews

The tire pumping by Barry and Hazel in the dressing room is getting old..same questions to all..what do you think of your new team mates..how do you like this team...are you glad you were traded here...but I guess the first time in 22 years they get a pass.

The tire pumping by Barry and Hazel in the dressing room is getting old..same questions to all..what do you think of your new team mates..how do you like this team...are you glad you were traded here...but I guess the first time in 22 years they get a pass.

I know it's just their job but I wish the guys would be left to celebrate. Nobody wants to answer questions at a time like this. Same goes for the NHL, etc.