The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

After the start to his season, good to see Sanchez finding a groove.

The bats really let Aaron down yesterday. With a man on third and less than two outs, you have to find a way to score the runner. Too many missed opportunities and you can't rely on Donaldson heroics every game...

Edited by RUPERTKBD

I love looking back at things when time elapses. Think it was shiznak and maybe a couple others upset about the Lawrie deal. Anyway you put it, Donaldson > in every category.

Lawrie: 48 games, 50H, 20RBI, 4HR, 55SO, BA 0.270, OBP 2.99, SLG .378, OPS .677

Donaldson: 51 games, 62H, 38RBI, 14HR, BA .313, OBP .371, SLG .596, OPS .967

...and ffs @ Jays bullpen

I love looking back at things when time elapses. Think it was shiznak and maybe a couple others upset about the Lawrie deal. Anyway you put it, Donaldson > in every category.

Lawrie: 48 games, 50H, 20RBI, 4HR, 55SO, BA 0.270, OBP 2.99, SLG .378, OPS .677

Donaldson: 51 games, 62H, 38RBI, 14HR, BA .313, OBP .371, SLG .596, OPS .967

...and ffs @ Jays bullpen

I don't think Shiznak was saying it was a bad deal for Lawrie. He was just saying the Jays should have gotten better pitching instead.

I don't think Shiznak was saying it was a bad deal for Lawrie. He was just saying the Jays should have gotten better pitching instead.

Rogers being dicks once again. Got such deep pockets, gave all this hope, key moves, but didn't bother spending anything on pitching. Disappointing to say the very least especially since this is likely the last chance this core has.

Rogers being dicks once again. Got such deep pockets, gave all this hope, key moves, but didn't bother spending anything on pitching. Disappointing to say the very least especially since this is likely the last chance this core has.

They already went that route in 2012, when they had the second highest payroll of any team in the league, and it failed miserably. It's easy for you to say sign all the top free agents, but you need balance throughtout the entire lineup to succeed (ex. Kanas City Royals, San Francisco, Tampa Bay)

Edited by shiznak

They already went that route in 2012, when they had the second highest payroll of any team in the league, and it failed miserably. It's easy for you to say sign all the top free agents, but you need balance throughtout the entire lineup to succeed (ex. Kanas City Royals, San Francisco, Tampa Bay)

They have a pretty good lineup. I know it didn't work out before but this time around pitching really is the issue (most of the time) and that seems painfully obvious to me. Look at last year, they were competitive for the first couple months until the offence dried up. Winning with offence and average-at-best pitching isn't a sustainable way to win.

Nice comeback in game 2. KP with his first ever multi-homer game. (In the post game interview he said he'd never done it before. Not in AAA, AA, A, or even in Little League... :lol: )

...and it comes against Matt Scherzer. :towel:

Too bad the bats were silent in game one. Another quality RA Dickey start wasted. Why don't these guys hit for him? :unsure: