The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

So…. the real question is whether he will be solely responsible for hiring the new GM or not.

As in, what are his official functions under this title?

@sportsnetmurph: Linden responsible for hockey operations, coaching and scouting staffs, player procurement and development, and minor league affiliations.

@sportsnetmurph: Linden responsible for hockey operations, coaching and scouting staffs, player procurement and development, and minor league affiliations.

The hockey operations part still makes me wonder whether he gets much of a say in the new GM or not.

I guess we'll see.

Here's the cool (and a bit nostalgic) bit.

If(When!) the Canucks win the cup, and he's the prez, he still gets to be a part of that with his name etched on the cup... as a Canuck.

So lets find the GM that can make that happen.

Benning

Fenton

Will

Gilman

Botterill

Anyone of these.

Yup...any of those is better than Feaster. The Shannahan runmours are ummm....interesting\.

The hockey operations part still makes me wonder whether he gets much of a say in the new GM or not.

I guess we'll see.

I'd imagine Trev will be mostly in charge of the Canucks "business" and setting the general tone and vision of the org (as long as he's not just being FA's yes man...which I don't see him as capable of). That should include choosing the GM, and input with said GM on coaching staff, scouting staff etc. (On top of concerns like the "brand" the AHL franchise, charities, business partners etc, etc)

Does he have a satellite phone built into his bike?

Wonder how much weight he's gonna gain.

Just kidding, class act gent all the way. Ran into him at Nishis restaurant one time, he signed an autograph for my mom after I told him she was a big fan, and then he stood there chatting with us for far too long. I see this as a personality makeover for the team.

Archived